GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/25/2020 12:45 am  #1

12/26/2020 10:46 am  #2

Re: Nice Post piece on Darnell Rogers

This is addressed to GW Rising, whom I sometimes disagree with in his analytics but for whom I have the utmost respect for with regards to his knowledge.  I seem to recall hearing multiple explanations as to why Darnell did not come to GW after giving us a verbal, but do you (or anyone else) know the definitive explanation of what happened?

12/26/2020 3:11 pm  #3

LSF my understanding is Nero moved the goalposts as part of his battle with Lonergan. At this point I don’t care about the specifics
My feelings are simple. 1)!The son of a top 10 colonial wanted to come here and the answer was No and 2) The current team  needs help at the point.

Maybe Bishop and Ball will thrive but I don’t see how Darnell wouldn’t have been a plus right now.

12/26/2020 3:34 pm  #4

FredD wrote:

LSF my understanding is Nero moved the goalposts as part of his battle with Lonergan. At this point I don’t care about the specifics
My feelings are simple. 1)!The son of a top 10 colonial wanted to come here and the answer was No and 2) The current team needs help at the point.

Maybe Bishop and Ball will thrive but I don’t see how Darnell wouldn’t have been a plus right now.

he would've graduated last year if he was here for 4 years.

12/26/2020 3:44 pm  #5

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

This is addressed to GW Rising, whom I sometimes disagree with in his analytics but for whom I have the utmost respect for with regards to his knowledge. I seem to recall hearing multiple explanations as to why Darnell did not come to GW after giving us a verbal, but do you (or anyone else) know the definitive explanation of what happened?

FredD has it right. Unfortunately Darnell became a pawn in the ongoing battle between Nero and Lonergan. Also, Darnell would not still be eligible had he come in the Fall of 2016.

By the way, we would agree more on the analytics if we would both be operating off the same set of facts.

12/26/2020 7:37 pm  #6

I was unimpressed with Darnell in the GW-UMBC game, but would have loved to have had him for four years and don´t think legacies should be treated so poorly by the school. Lest we forget, he was on campus before being exiled.

Board footera