GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2020 1:10 pm  #21

Re: Good News on the Recruiting Front Soon!

GWRising wrote:

That all said, when JNJ decided to leave against the wishes of JC, JC was not going to sit around and feel sorry for himself. And if he did, is that the type of coach you want? So he dialed up Daniel Nixon to see if he was still interested. Sometimes things move very fast in recruiting and this was one of those cases.

Have we seen an official announcement containing quotes about JNJ from JC? Not that it would tell all, because SID spin and JC has proven to be unicorns and rainbows about most things. But it would be one piece of evidence for the autopsy. Anyone find a PR somewhere who can post JC on JNJ's decision?

12/31/2020 1:24 pm  #22

GWRising, what I'm saying is that this may not be as "black and white" as you're making it out to be.  You do have a very strong track record on bringing us information.  But this may not be about your being right or wrong, or me trusting you or not trusting you, as much as it is about whether you would be privy to the actual truth in this instance.  Am not suggesting that JC's original intentions weren't to have James and Jameer play together but it was evident to all that this wasn't working.  So, for the reasons I raised in the earlier post, maybe JC concludes that JNJ isn't a great fit to play here and by reducing his role, he will either accept it or leave.  No hard feelings either way.  

My point is that he would not be sharing these thoughts with too many outsiders out of respect for JNJ.  Which leaves the distinct possibility that this is how things did go down.  Am not saying that JC wanted him gone.  But the 30+ minutes/game just weren't going to happen for him either unless there was some major improvement quickly. 

12/31/2020 1:41 pm  #23

1)Would an insider say that JC knew that what he did with JNJ's playing time could have this result, if not this semester?
2)Why would one player get tough "love," but another one who admittedly defied the coach's alleged instructions twice in last second plays that resulted in a loss, not get benched?
3) What about Armel before he became irreplaceable?

Board footera