GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2021 7:49 pm  #1

More Good News Coming ...

This one you are all going to like especially in the near term.

Last edited by GWRising (1/03/2021 7:50 pm)

1/03/2021 8:41 pm  #2

Re: More Good News Coming ...

Has to be Lindo.  Not sure who else can help in the near term.

1/03/2021 9:08 pm  #3

GWRising wrote:

This one you are all going to like especially in the near term.

Tease.

1/03/2021 9:27 pm  #4

Well, there are rumors that Oscar Tsiebwe left West Viriginia to go to an adidas-affiliated school that plays a lot of pick and roll because he thinks that’s the way to develop what he need for the NBA (right now he’s one of the nation’s best rebounders, but not too much else). 

I can think of a school that fits both categories.  I can dream, right?

1/04/2021 11:42 am  #5

WHEN???????

1/04/2021 12:43 pm  #6

Soon lol. Very soon. Does not involve Oscar FQ.

Last edited by GWRising (1/04/2021 12:44 pm)

1/04/2021 1:13 pm  #7

Amir Harris ready to play? Just throwing out another possibility ...

1/04/2021 1:16 pm  #8

Does it involve J.J. Brade or the fifth recruit? (Sorry, a little flashback for long time board followers of the old board.)

1/04/2021 1:30 pm  #9

I was Longing for Oscar, so that's too bad (this is a pun; not actually a note that I was LFO).

1/04/2021 1:43 pm  #10

Nope not Amir.

1/04/2021 3:02 pm  #11

Dan Gadzuric? Jeremy Wise? Cunningham? We had a Kristaps on the line at one point did we not?

1/04/2021 3:17 pm  #12

never said no to Lindo

1/04/2021 3:56 pm  #13

The band is going to be allowed to play the "Hey, you SUCK!" song?

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (1/04/2021 5:25 pm)

1/04/2021 4:47 pm  #14

Rising, is it this:

Patrick Nero and John Freed will be getting married on April 17, 2021.

My GW Athletic Dept buddy gave me the news. Our AD has been invited. I'm hoping she's not going to spend athletic department funds (which we do not have) to purchase Patrick and groom a nice gift with. Nero has already done enough damage to our program and university. 

1/04/2021 5:02 pm  #15

Joel Joseph wrote:

Rising, is it this:

Patrick Nero and John Freed will be getting married on April 17, 2021.

My GW Athletic Dept buddy gave me the news. Our AD has been invited. I'm hoping she's not going to spend athletic department funds (which we do not have) to purchase Patrick and groom a nice gift with. Nero has already done enough damage to our program and university. 

I don't think you will get any argument about Nero from me. Set the program back 5 years minimum. But here we are and we have to deal with it. Not productive to keep looking in the rearview mirror while trying to drive forward..

1/04/2021 5:10 pm  #16

The last time you had news like this, it turned out to be that young lady becoming the team's new Director of Basketball Operations?  So, is she now the team's new Assistant Coach?

1/04/2021 5:31 pm  #17

Gwmayhem wrote:

The last time you had news like this, it turned out to be that young lady becoming the team's new Director of Basketball Operations?  So, is she now the team's new Assistant Coach?

Nope. But I was about to separately post there are now actually two good pieces of news. One on the player personnel front and the other on the coaching front. The coaching front might take a little longer to become final. But no, it has nothing to do with our very capable Director of Operations.

1/04/2021 6:27 pm  #18

JNJ rejoining team.  JC never made any public announcement so maybe he thought this was possible.

1/04/2021 9:32 pm  #19

JC talked about JNJ  when asked about players leaving during the meeting last Monday night with season ticket holders.  It is impressive that JC is so willing to listen and respond to fans when he is asked tough questions or his coaching and the team are criticized.  To put it in perspective ... I would second the comment of one season ticket holder in the meeting who said he has been acquainted with every basketball coach since 1966 and that JC has been the most open and accessible with GW fans. From the GW coaches I have seen, I would agree. And I am confident that there aren't many college coaches across the country that would be as open to fans as JC.

1/04/2021 10:19 pm  #20

GW73 wrote:

JC talked about JNJ  when asked about players leaving during the meeting last Monday night with season ticket holders.  It is impressive that JC is so willing to listen and respond to fans when he is asked tough questions or his coaching and the team are criticized.  To put it in perspective ... I would second the comment of one season ticket holder in the meeting who said he has been acquainted with every basketball coach since 1966 and that JC has been the most open and accessible with GW fans. From the GW coaches I have seen, I would agree. And I am confident that there aren't many college coaches across the country that would be as open to fans as JC.

I told JC that to me,  losing Jameer felt like a punch in the gut  and he said he felt the same way    Although the jury is still out on JC, I agree with everything in this post.  FWIW, Lonergan was the same way.  You could ask him anything and he would give a straight up answer, sometimes stunningly so.

Board footera