GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2021 10:52 pm  #21

Re: More Good News Coming ...

Just heard announcers say during a game that all players can take this as a free year not counting against their eligibility. I thought it was only seniors that were getting an extra year. If that’s true that any player can play this year without losing eligibility, then, there’s literally no reason for Lindo not to play.  He can develop his game without losing a year, if true.

1/04/2021 10:55 pm  #22

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

GW73 wrote:

JC talked about JNJ  when asked about players leaving during the meeting last Monday night with season ticket holders.  It is impressive that JC is so willing to listen and respond to fans when he is asked tough questions or his coaching and the team are criticized.  To put it in perspective ... I would second the comment of one season ticket holder in the meeting who said he has been acquainted with every basketball coach since 1966 and that JC has been the most open and accessible with GW fans. From the GW coaches I have seen, I would agree. And I am confident that there aren't many college coaches across the country that would be as open to fans as JC.

I told JC that to me, losing Jameer felt like a punch in the gut and he said he felt the same way Although the jury is still out on JC, I agree with everything in this post. FWIW, Lonergan was the same way. You could ask him anything and he would give a straight up answer, sometimes stunningly so.

​Truer words couldn't be spoken re ML.  I met him at Tonic after one of the home games during his first year at GW.  We told him good game, and asked him some questions about the team.  It was amazing how forthcoming and honest he was.  He seemed to want to talk basketball with us longer than we had time to stay around and listen.  He turned me into a big supporter of his from that game on.  If JC follows that same path, I think it could endear him to a lot of fans and help the fan base ride through these early struggles.

1/05/2021 12:51 am  #23

Free Quebec wrote:

Just heard announcers say during a game that all players can take this as a free year not counting against their eligibility. I thought it was only seniors that were getting an extra year. If that’s true that any player can play this year without losing eligibility, then, there’s literally no reason for Lindo not to play. He can develop his game without losing a year, if true.

That is correct, Free.  See attached article.   The coach would like for Lindo to play.  The decision to not play to allow for his development of his game was by Ricky.  That is why my guess to GWRisings "near term" teaser is  Ricky.  And that is why losing Jameer hurt that much more...we could have had him for another 3 years after this one.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-extends-eligibility-winter-sport-student-athletes

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (1/05/2021 12:53 am)

1/05/2021 9:18 pm  #24

So Whats the News???

1/05/2021 9:24 pm  #25

1/05/2021 9:48 pm  #26

Lindo thing really odd and so far,hasn't changed or been explained.
Though would certainly welcome that,as it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Normally an argument could be made like Tyler.
Maybe there's some reason.
But if it's not Covid and you're not burning eligibility, hard to see what you lose.
  Except ,barring further explanation, time acclimating to teammates which can be useful in the future.

1/05/2021 10:04 pm  #27

Just to reiterate what LSF said quoting JC in the pre-game  chalk talk, the decision is up to Lindo to make in consultation with his family and the coaching staff. He came to GW with the idea that he would be sitting out the entire year. NCAA has changed its rules so he can now play with no delay or loss of a year of play. Christian said he would like him to play but is leaving that decision to the young man. Good for him. If we’re so concerned about the student-athletes and morality of how the program is being run, this should be a no-brainer. We’ll know when we know  and should be accepting of whatever decision Lindo makes. If the good news is something other than whether Lindo plays, then we’ll have to patiently wait to find that out too.

1/06/2021 11:16 am  #28

Lindy's Red Lion may be reopening? That is good news!

1/06/2021 11:35 am  #29

Mentzinger wrote:

Didn't Puglisi barbershop move into the old Lindy's space?

1/06/2021 11:49 am  #30

Poog wrote:

Just to reiterate what LSF said quoting JC in the pre-game chalk talk, the decision is up to Lindo to make in consultation with his family and the coaching staff. He came to GW with the idea that he would be sitting out the entire year. NCAA has changed its rules so he can now play with no delay or loss of a year of play. Christian said he would like him to play but is leaving that decision to the young man. Good for him. If we’re so concerned about the student-athletes and morality of how the program is being run, this should be a no-brainer. We’ll know when we know and should be accepting of whatever decision Lindo makes. If the good news is something other than whether Lindo plays, then we’ll have to patiently wait to find that out too.

Exactly.

1/06/2021 12:02 pm  #31

GW0509 wrote:

Mentzinger wrote:

Didn't Puglisi barbershop move into the old Lindy's space?

I saw that and almost fell off my bike.  A guy walked out that looked exactly like Signore Puglisi from the mid-80s.  His son?

1/06/2021 12:46 pm  #32

Mentzinger wrote:

It had been many years since I had been to Lindy's.  Before becoming a Colonial Club member, with its pregame dinners, I would generally grab a bite in the neighborhood, sometimes going to Lindy's.  Unfortunately, when I was last there, it no longer had its own kitchen but rather shared the kitchen and its menu with Bon Appetite (ne "The Galley), which I also liked a lot, but it wasn't Lindy's as it was before the move.

1/06/2021 1:56 pm  #33

Bringing back some old memories.In the mid-sixties I had my hair cut by Orazio Pugliese.His english
wasnt perfect but he was always engaging and appeared to love his work.Coming from Philly it felt 
authentically “ethnic”-something I sorely missed at GW.I left a lot of hair on the floor -I’d like it back.

1/06/2021 6:00 pm  #34

Is "niel" coming back to ask if games are on TV?

1/06/2021 6:45 pm  #35

love some of these throw-back posts!

1/06/2021 8:33 pm  #36

Part of the good news will have to wait a few days in light of today's developments.

1/07/2021 10:13 am  #37

Even more reason to believe that the good news wilk be seeing a suited up Lindo.

1/07/2021 11:12 am  #38

Then on second thoughts, being the sneaky devil that he is, GWRising may be trying to falsely let us believe its Lindo, when it may be someone else that is suited up.

1/07/2021 11:23 am  #39

I had a dream last night that JNJ decided not to transfer. 

Can't say it's even in my top 25 of weirdest dreams

1/07/2021 11:52 am  #40

JNJ is not coming back. That's not the news.

Board footera