GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2021 1:50 pm  #1

Want to help blog at Colonial Hoops?

Hey everybody. As you have probably noticed, the Colonial Hoops blog at http://colonialhoops.com has been pretty quiet lately. I've been running site since 2006 but haven't had much time to write lately and am also living in Seattle now, so it's harder to actually see the games and do analysis. I've written a few random posts when I get a chance, and I plan to keep doing that as I can, but I wanted to see if other folks would be interested in writing occasionally for the site. The site it a volunteer effort or what you would call a labor of love, so there isn't any money to be made, but it would be a fun way to be able to spread your GW knowledge and analysis. 

Some possibilities of things to write about or things I've written about in the past include: recruits, game previews, recaps and analysis, news about GW basketball like new hires, interviews with players, fans and staff, writing about historical games and oral histories, mentions of GW in the national media, "where are they now" type posts, travel guides for tournaments and road trips, and more. The possibilities are endless, feel free to think of creative stuff. For example, I interviewed Kangy the Kangaroo and wrote about cool bars at NCAA tournament sites. I generally try to keep things positive or at least neutral/funny.

The writing could be original content or even things that appear here, if posters here are OK with reposting that to the blog (with credit and thanks, of course) -- for example, DMVPiranha's great game previews or the recruit analyses.

If anybody's interested, DM me or respond here and let's chat. Who knows, you might even get picked up or interviewed for other outlets -- years ago I was in Sports Illustrated during the 26-2 season and on the radio a couple times. Plus you could put it on your resume or whatever if you'd like.

Last edited by squid (1/08/2021 1:52 pm)

Board footera