GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2021 2:54 pm  #81

Re: GW vs VCU Game Thread

Bishop again. Screw up. Should be a tech on the GW bench for playing Bishop so much.

1/13/2021 2:54 pm  #82

VCU is trying to speed up the game to a pace that we are not comfortable with and Bishop is playing right into their hands. Bishop has scored 10 points, but is shooting 2-8, with 6 turnovers.   

1/13/2021 2:55 pm  #83

TC for post of the game!

1/13/2021 2:55 pm  #84

I'd be going crazy if I were JC right about now.  If this game were called tightly, VCU might have 20 team fouls by halftime.  It's the theory that refs won't call fouls every trip down court.  We are getting bumped, shoved, etc. almost every offensive possession.  Haven't bitched about the refs once this season but that first half was an atrocious display by this crew.

1/13/2021 2:59 pm  #85

I like Brelsford. Seems like a real smart player. 

1/13/2021 3:01 pm  #86

Christian was right take umbrage at the officiating, but picked the W.R.O.N.G. time to get t´d up. VCU looks like the team that has not played for 10 days and has had both COVID and American greatness screw with its schedule.
Not a bad scoreline, game is by no means out of reach. Am I feeling "cautious optimism"? Feels weird.

1/13/2021 3:01 pm  #87

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

VCU is trying to speed up the game to a pace that we are not comfortable with and Bishop is playing right into their hands. Bishop has scored 10 points, but is shooting 2-8, with 6 turnovers.   

Cue The Dude:  James with double figures yet again in the first half.  Wow!!!

1/13/2021 3:04 pm  #88

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Christian was right take umbrage at the officiating, but picked the W.R.O.N.G. time to get t´d up. VCU looks like the team that has not played for 10 days and has had both COVID and American greatness screw with its schedule.
Not a bad scoreline, game is by no means out of reach. Am I feeling "cautious optimism"? Feels weird.

Disagree about the timing GWAA.  Right before halftime gives the refs something to think about at halftime.  Plus, a 6 point lead is hardly what I'd call insurmountable.  It will be interesting to see how the second half is officiated.

1/13/2021 3:06 pm  #89

Why am I not shocked that so many of the posts here are Bishop bashing.

Fact is, every player on our team is struggling with their ball pressure - both in the half court and full court. Obviously he had a brutal first half, but so did most of our ball handlers (and someone we are still down only 6).   But I’m willing to cut him slack here because, first, new Colonial guards ALWAYS look bad against vcu’s pressure the first time they see it, and, second, without Battle out there, there’s simply not enough help for Bishop against this kind of pressure. 

One positive - I LOVE the way Moyer and Lindo are switching on the perimeter.  Lindo’s defense out there is giving us a dimension we haven’t seen this year.  He and Moyer bring some very interesting length and athleticism when paired together on the perimeter.

1/13/2021 3:08 pm  #90

Tech timing was off. Do it earlier and spark team by having players back.
But on one inbounds play,Moyer grabbed and held big time. Would have been a hold in football..
VCU back to A10 officiating privilege?

1/13/2021 3:11 pm  #91

You guys are right about Bishop because his erratic style of play plays right into the hands of a quick, trapping, athletic team like VCU but I'm not sure any guard on the team would fare better than him. Everyone on GW seems to have trouble getting a clean look for passes and shots, but I credit them for being down by just 6 at the half, it seem as if VCU should be up by about 15

1/13/2021 3:11 pm  #92

2 possessions 2nd half, and 2 turnovers already.

1/13/2021 3:12 pm  #93

Moyer should not be shooting anywhere outside of the paint.

1/13/2021 3:12 pm  #94

In praise of Bishop, his shot that drew the three foul shots was an amazing athletic feat, as he looked to be making a pass but realized that if he chucked it toward the rim he´d get three shots. A very good play.

1/13/2021 3:13 pm  #95

Why is Moyer allowed to shoot 3 its? No discipline.

1/13/2021 3:13 pm  #96

So sick of Bishop 1 on 5

1/13/2021 3:13 pm  #97

Hope Battle will be OK. I was afraid that when I heard he wasn't  playing that he may have left the team. Scary to think that. On the positive side I see a lot of talent out there. Just have to harness it.

1/13/2021 3:13 pm  #98

Whoa.. a timeout. Don't we always fall aport to start the second half?

1/13/2021 3:14 pm  #99

Lindo has 2 quick turnovers. What?

1/13/2021 3:14 pm  #100

Sorry guys 3! He can't dribble.

Board footera