GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2019 12:06 pm  #1

Sloane, and Bring Them with You Transfers

Sloan to GW reminds me of Bill Brigham and Dr. John.  Each guy followed their Coach from a lesser conference up to the A10 and provided utility nonetheless.

I like it.

8/06/2019 12:12 pm  #2

Re: Sloane, and Bring Them with You Transfers

Bill Brigham brought a heck of a lot more than utility to Mike Jarvis' team. And in a year's time, GW will be cheering for his daughter Ali who is committed to playing for the women's team starting in 2020.

8/06/2019 12:52 pm  #3

Utility, is a word that covers a range of impact. 
How tall is the daughter?  
Speaking of children of Mike Jarvis recruits:
https://www.nyaabasketball.org/news_article/show/736668

8/06/2019 12:55 pm  #4

The Dude wrote:

Speaking of children of Mike Jarvis recruits:
https://www.nyaabasketball.org/news_article/show/736668

Uh, the mother was a pretty good player at GW, too (article could have mentioned that, or is hoops only inherrited from the father´s side?). A double legacy, he damn well better come to GW.

8/06/2019 1:03 pm  #5

The article does mention that both Mom and Dad were GW players and lists the TALL height of each parent lol.
Always good to have not one, but two very tall parents in the DNA lottery.
Last I checked in on things, both kids, 1 girl and 1 boy were both excellent and tall young players.

8/06/2019 1:26 pm  #6

From a more recent article:
The allure around Patrick comes from his impressive frame and immense potential but when you factor in his impressive basketball roots he becomes an even more intriguing figure. Patrick’s mother is former George Washington University and WNBA star Tajama Abraham Ngongba who is currently an assistant women’s coach at George Mason University. She is a GWU Basketball Hall of Famer! His father is former George Washington University power forward Patrick Ngongba. His Mother is 6’3, his father 6’7 and every indication is Patrick’s frame will fill out similarly. His uncle is former Marquette University star Faisal Abraham, Tajama’s brother who stands 6’7 and ranks among Marquette’s all time leading shot blockers. Patrick II obviously has the basketball DNA but looks to be well on his way to carving out his own identity as a player showing the versatile skill set that should produce a player capable of impacting games on the perimeter as well as around the rim. He’s an exciting prospect with limitless potential and one to monitor going forward!
Patrick immediately catches your attention not only because of his impressive length at 6’2 with high hips, long wingspan and broad shoulders but because of his amazingly advanced skill level for a player so young. I’ve seen him a few times this winter and into the summer AAU season and he always does something new that impressed me. I’ve watched him come from help side and snatch an opponent’s shot attempt out of the air and immediately rifle a pinpoint pass out to his guard near mid court with very good velocity leading to a fast break basket. He often has grabbed a rebound and pushed the ball up the floor leading the break and making sound decisions passing ahead, demonstrating good ball handling skills and court vision. He is mobile and quick footed enough to switch ball screens and contain smaller ball handlers and can also use his strong and lengthy frame as an imposing presence inside as a dominant rebounder and showing very good timing as a shot blocker. Patrick plays big and demonstrates impressive footwork given his size and age. He is agile and athletic, his footwork sound and coordinated, he combines good strength with enough quickness to defend multiple positions

8/06/2019 3:42 pm  #7

Bill was just what Jarvis needed and GW still needs. A big man with good hands and good feet. A big man who can pass, rebound, score a little and set screens. For all the ferocious dunks GWs best players have thrown down my #1 physical play remains Bills pick against West Virginia.

8/06/2019 8:13 pm  #8

The Dude wrote:

The article does mention that both Mom and Dad were GW players and lists the TALL height of each parent lol.

Actually it only mentions dad played at GW, although it does mention mom´s height. You´d think in this "woke" era such things would not happen...

Board footera