GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2021 6:56 pm  #21

Re: GW vs Bonnies Game Thread

Lincoln Ball is really struggling tonight.

2/26/2021 7:03 pm  #22

We cannot afford to ever have Ball and Dean on the Court at the same time.  It is like playing 3 on 5 on offense.   When Dean is in the game, why he sets up outside is beyond me.  Whenever he gets the ball at the high post, he dribbles once and passes.   

2/26/2021 7:04 pm  #23

I do not want turn this into a bash Christian session, but I am concerned that the players are not being used in a manner that maximizes their strengths.   It seems like the players are left on their own to create their own scoring opportunities.  Again, look at our shot selection and look at theirs.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (2/26/2021 7:05 pm)

2/26/2021 7:05 pm  #24

The flexing by Bona is kind of annoying, is that not taunting?

2/26/2021 7:05 pm  #25

DC Native wrote:

Does anyone really, truly think this team is any better off than it was under MoJo?

Um, yes.  https://kenpom.com/team.php?team=George+Washington&y=2019

We’ve definitely seen improvement this year, something we didn’t see before.  But we need more players who can play vs a team like Bona.  We only have 3 right now (4 but one is out).  And we need the players to execute plan B when teams shut down the ball screen for Bishop and Catch and shoot for battle.  Hopefully Brayon Freeman is a difference maker.

2/26/2021 7:07 pm  #26

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

I do not want turn this into a bash Christian session, but I am concerned that the players are not being used in a manner that maximizes their strengths.   It seems like the players are left on their own to create their own scoring opportunities.  Again, look at our shot selection and look at theirs.

It’s tough when you only have 3 guys on the floor with any chance to score.  Few teams can succeed like that unless the other two players can dominate the opponent physically with screens and rebounds.

2/26/2021 7:08 pm  #27

Does this team even know how to run a play? Shocking, 

2/26/2021 7:10 pm  #28

It hasn't been a good game but what really were the expectations of a team barely sub-200 in Ken Pom going up against a team ranked 40?

2/26/2021 7:11 pm  #29

Don't want to seem less than optimistic, but we are down 32 with 14 plus minutes left.
And we have no semblance of an offense.
When you have a one person do whatever offense and the opposing team shuts him down predictably, this is what happens.

2/26/2021 7:12 pm  #30

Brandon Leftwich!   Career highlight.

2/26/2021 7:14 pm  #31

Interesting that Paar doen't get into the game until the Coach empties the bench.  If he is ill, he should not be in at all.  Otherwise, why wasn't he in the game earlier?

2/26/2021 7:15 pm  #32

The ball is moving better with 3rd string.
Not a high bar,of course.

2/26/2021 7:16 pm  #33

GW0509 wrote:

It hasn't been a good game but what really were the expectations of a team barely sub-200 in Ken Pom going up against a team ranked 40?

Almost no one here realizes how good St Bonnie is because they don’t follow basketball other than GW and maybe some of the teams that are on tv all the time.

Of course, we are making them look like Gonzaga with our lack of scoring options and predictable offense. But they are a good team with a real chance to win in the NCAA tourney, if they don’t choke.

2/26/2021 7:17 pm  #34

Free Quebec wrote:

DC Native wrote:

Does anyone really, truly think this team is any better off than it was under MoJo?

We’ve definitely seen improvement this year, something we didn’t see before.  But we need more players who can play vs a team like Bona.  We only have 3 right now (4 but one is out).  And we need the players to execute plan B when teams shut down the ball screen for Bishop and Catch and shoot for battle.  Hopefully Brayon Freeman is a difference maker.

As bad as that team was, I don’t see any conference losses by +30. But maybe the Bonnies will call off the dogs soon and let us cut the lead to 29 before the game ends. Smh.

2/26/2021 7:21 pm  #35

Is there a mercy rule in the A10?

2/26/2021 7:23 pm  #36

I’m having Vanderbilt flashbacks...

2/26/2021 7:24 pm  #37

DC Native wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

DC Native wrote:

As bad as that team was, I don’t see any conference losses by +30. But maybe the Bonnies will call off the dogs soon and let us cut the lead to 29 before the game ends. Smh.

Yeah I didn’t see this bad a beating coming either, though I didn’t expect us to be close. 3 games in 5 days with 7 healthy scholarship players after a 6 weeks covid layoff is not the ideal time to play our best opponent of the year on the road.

I hope they don’t lose their confidence for the A10 tourney. Would be nice to win a game and take some positive feelings into next year.

2/26/2021 7:27 pm  #38

You guys don't see all the positives out there. 

2/26/2021 7:28 pm  #39

I really want to believe JC can turn this thing around, but I’m struggling. I really hope this is COVID hangover/fatigue.

2/26/2021 7:31 pm  #40

Granted, there is the COVID caveat, but this is every bit as horrible an outing as the loss to Hampton. Maybe this team was playing over its heads when it won four games?

Board footera