GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2021 7:40 pm  #121

Re: GW vs Mason A10 Tourney Game Thread

A little humiliation from GMU. 

3/04/2021 7:41 pm  #122

Shocking how fast this turned into a blowout. As the announcers have said time and time again, a lot of it came down to tired legs. 3 guys have played 40 minutes (or close to it) in 24 hours. 3 point shooting has been disappointing for the past couple of weeks and tonight was no exception. 

Overall, I'm not all that impressed with Mason. They made their big run late in the game when our guys were running on fumes. They got hot in the 2nd half but got a bunch of points off of offensive boards or easy turnovers.

3/04/2021 7:41 pm  #123

Walkons

3/04/2021 7:41 pm  #124

Ran a play for Paar out of a timeout. I thought that was really kinda sweet.

3/04/2021 7:42 pm  #125

At one point in this game, Lindo had 24 points on 18 shots.

The rest of the team had 21 points on 28 shots. 

And yet people here still can only complain that Bishop’s inefficiency is the problem.  Lol.

3/04/2021 7:42 pm  #126

Maybe we could have strategized to save legs a bit,just here and there.

3/04/2021 7:42 pm  #127

MG14 wrote:

Overall, I'm not all that impressed with Mason. They made their big run late in the game when our guys were running on fumes. They got hot in the 2nd half but got a bunch of points off of offensive boards or easy turnovers.

Exactly. They sneaky stink and haven't been a value add to the A10 since they joined.  They seem to get more pub because a lot of the A10 Twitter folks are Mason grads.

Last edited by GW0509 (3/04/2021 7:43 pm)

3/04/2021 7:44 pm  #128

Hot Stove season officially begins now

3/04/2021 7:44 pm  #129

73-59. Another long off season. Will JC lose to a lot of bottom feeders to begin next season? Well, we are a bottom feeder now. Sorry. Not impressed with this coach. 

3/04/2021 7:44 pm  #130

GW0509 wrote:

MG14 wrote:

Exactly. They sneaky stink and haven't been a value add to the A10 since they joined.  They seem to get more pub because a lot of the A10 Twitter folks are Mason grads.

I'm not going to go so far to bash their entire program, but they sure haven't had the success I imagine they've been hoping for. I think Paulsen is a very mediocre coach. Hopefully their relative success this year keeps him around for a little while longer.

3/04/2021 7:45 pm  #131

Mentzinger wrote:

Patriots have an emerging freshman sharpshooter in Tyler Kolek who is the perfect guy to bust our soft 3 point defense. Oduro is more than most of our bigs can handle on the boards. Those are my two main matchup concerns, in addition to the huge, unsolvable problem of us not having enough players. Unless Battle has a career night, Mason by 14.

Mason by 14.

3/04/2021 7:47 pm  #132

The final score was by no means an indication of how close the game was. Still, it is fitting that GW´s last posession of the season was an unassisted shot by Bishop.
Too bad the game couldn´t end when Brelsford hit that shot and got fouled. But this was a Division 0.75 team, so it seems appropriate that the team was in it for 75% of the game.
p.s.-- Anyone want to complain about Paar´s play today? He made great passes, set picks (Bishop was unable or unwilling to go around) and was open for shots all game long. Battle is a legit A10 player, without him GW could have gone winless this season.

3/04/2021 7:49 pm  #133

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Battle is a legit A10 player, without him GW could have gone winless this season.

Speaking of Battle Mike Hall had this to say about him.  I really hope bridges haven't been burned because a summer working out with Mike would be EXACTLY what Battle needs

MH7[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/_Michaelinho]@_Michaelinho·25m 
Battle has the tools to be a good player in the A10 but he needs help understanding which part of his game to use against different matchups. Being “versatile” is a lot harder than it looks

3/04/2021 7:54 pm  #134

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

The final score was by no means an indication of how close the game was. Still, it is fitting that GW´s last posession of the season was an unassisted shot by Bishop.
Too bad the game couldn´t end when Brelsford hit that shot and got fouled. But this was a Division 0.75 team, so it seems appropriate that the team was in it for 75% of the game.
p.s.-- Anyone want to complain about Paar´s play today? He made great passes, set picks (Bishop was unable or unwilling to go around) and was open for shots all game long. Battle is a legit A10 player, without him GW could have gone winless this season.

Paar was clearly still not 100% out there. With that in mind, let's not pretend like he had a great game. 3 points and 1 rebound in 14 minutes isn't exactly stellar. He had one nice pass in the 1st half that deserves praise, but besides that he was relatively invisible out there. As I said, he's not 100% back so some of it is explainable. 

3/04/2021 8:02 pm  #135

As I said, no reason to complain about Paar today, except for the fact that he does not look like he is 100% healthy.
Mike Hall is right. Someone will have to go back and watch the film, but over the course of the season what percentage of GW possessions resulted in a score when Battle touched the ball and what percentage when Bishop did not pass the ball? All one needs to know about why this team finished 5-12 and ended the season in the preliminary round of the A10 Tourney.

3/04/2021 8:03 pm  #136

Proud of the way the team battled through a very challenging year. we have a few really good pieces in place, and woefully deficient in a few other spots, but the battle was always present.

3/04/2021 8:04 pm  #137

I’m proud of the way the team played today. They looked much better than yesterday. As I feared, they just ran out of gas, especially on defense.

3/04/2021 8:09 pm  #138

Continuity will be the big question mark this offseason and if the pieces stay together then I think JC is 100% under the microscope as to whether his "system" works at the A-10 level.

3/04/2021 8:10 pm  #139

I will see you in November AND lose me to a summer love.

3/04/2021 8:12 pm  #140

Post-Game Press Conferece: https://fb.watch/41fLGDtw7u/

Board footera