GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2021 12:55 pm  #1

Thank you BGF

Since the season is over, I want to express huge thanks to BGF for starting and running this board. I know it's a big task, often not enjoyable, and puts you in position to be the bad guy a lot, but I'm certainly grateful that you do it and do it well. Thank you!

3/06/2021 3:03 pm  #2

Re: Thank you BGF

Hugh wrote:

Since the season is over, I want to express huge thanks to BGF for starting and running this board. I know it's a big task, often not enjoyable, and puts you in position to be the bad guy a lot, but I'm certainly grateful that you do it and do it well. Thank you!

I second this emotion. Great work BGF. I am sure it isn't easy. I especially appreciate your keep the craziness off the board. Thank you for all the enjoyment of reading the board. Maybe some season soon GW men's basketball will again be as fun as the board. 

3/06/2021 5:24 pm  #3

I second the comments made above. It's tough being responsible for herding cats lol. Great job by BGF this year!

3/06/2021 6:52 pm  #4

Thanks BGF!!

3/06/2021 7:29 pm  #5

Would it surprise you if I told you that I use multiple board names and I just thanked myself four times?

No?

OK, well, thanks for the appreciation.  Most days I'm happy to do it.  Most!

Barry

Last edited by BGF (3/07/2021 10:13 am)

3/06/2021 7:33 pm  #6

Well played Barry, bravo... bravo sir, and thx for your efforts, 100%

3/06/2021 9:36 pm  #7

Great job Barry! Thanks for stepping up when something needed to be done for us long lost fans. Greatly appreciated. 

3/07/2021 5:12 pm  #8

Your assembling of the board and its administration is much appreciated Barry.

3/08/2021 9:25 am  #9

Barry, am happy to echo the above compliments.  The vast majority of us all want a message board filled with information, opinion, humor, and even what I would refer to as qualified speculation (as opposed to off the wall speculation).  It would be nice if everyone here understood that it is not your right to post here, especially when you can't abide by the rules.  

The puppet shows that take place when one person actually debates himself posting under two or more poster names are old, tired, and arguably border on near-psychotic behavior.  As long as it is allowed to continue, it will in all likelihood continue to happen.  But as I have said to you privately Barry, "your board, your rules."

Nevertheless, it is often a thankless job running the board even when things are perfectly normal.  I would like to thank you, as well as DMVPiranha and Sons of Liberty who help monitor the board, for all of your efforts.  Following a program where media coverage is few and far between, a GW message board provides us with the opportunity to learn information and exchange ideas and opinions surrounding the program.  Simply stated, you guys don't have to provide this and yet you do.  Your time and efforts are tremendously appreciated.  Thank you.

Last edited by Gwmayhem (3/08/2021 9:26 am)

3/08/2021 9:31 am  #10

Add me to the list of those thanking you, Barry!   When GW gets good again, this is going to be a great place on the internet.

3/08/2021 9:39 am  #11

BGF, thank you for making and managing this site.  I feel it must be a hard and unrewarding job sometimes, but I want you to know I appreciate all of your effort and I am looking forward to some more good discussion and hopefully good news about next season.

3/08/2021 3:45 pm  #12

Thanks BGF

3/08/2021 5:31 pm  #13

Adding to the thanks for BGF.
A day like today shows why this board and the predecessor it took over from, is needed.
A plea for tolerance and reasonable latitude for posts outside of personal attacks and accusations against other posters,etc.
  We need to let off steam in the GW pressure cooker.
We're always snake bit it seems, part of GW fandom. This board is an important release valve (for posts within a broad sense of reason). And people get slot of news here,which we want to encourage.
  Hope we can all get along and live with our divergent opinions,which is needed everywhere today, but particularly here.
  There are so few of us and we need to accept each other's viewpoints. Disagree,even vehemently, without being disagreeable.
  Though BGF might regret taking over such a fractious bunch,hope he can see how much we appreciate having such an open forum.
Thanks,BGF.

Board footera