GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2021 6:56 pm  #41

Re: A Message from Jamion Christian

Rising, I don't disagree with you in that JC will have his opportunity for 3 more years to turn this thing around. We all hope he can pick up some legit transfers to go with the incoming class. He needs the depth in the A-10. For his sake, I hope we can get more support and interest from not only the administration but from the student body.
I still think we lose a few more players. It seems like when 1 or 2 leave, others quickly follow. After this is all over, the coaching staff needs to assess the damage and go after players who fit a system - my problem is I don't see or know what his system is or what the team identity is. I'll hope they figure it out before next season.
As for our board clowns (dude, Jenny aka Ziik), I will follow the advice of Mayhem and Porter and ignore.

3/09/2021 7:22 pm  #42

Dr Mike wrote:

Well, it seems the primary plan is to keep moving (transfer) players along until JC finds the right players that like him and he likes them. Hate to be a parent with JC recruiting my kid. All the talk with love for players is only good if JC thinks you can play his game. If not JC will boot you to the curb. If I was recruiting against JC for the same athlete I'd use all his quotes against him. 

For the most part JC has expressed to all the transfers (not in these exact words but in action) they are not good enough for him, do not stack up, they should leave because he'll find someone better. Does not sound like anyone I'd want my son to play for. We are family is not the theme.

Disappointing but then again GW basketball has lost its relevancy a long time ago.  

This post spells it out exactly. No excuse to turn an entire roster over in 2 years, including players that can play at this level and in Battle's case, star at this level.
   Different standards for different players. We say one thing that sounds good PR wise and do another in many areas from our warm, supportive, loving environment to "Mayhem."

3/09/2021 7:55 pm  #43

Sounds like a guy who's 13-39.
Not a JC fan. At all.

3/09/2021 8:43 pm  #44

Hard to take that message to heart when we lost ALL of an entire class to transfers (one is currently kicking away for the Mount in the NEC championship!) And the rumors coming out are less than stellar. The coaching looked weak this year. Really weak. Need to see some real turn around next season or it's searching time

Board footera