GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2021 8:12 pm  #1

Local Tourney Teams

So the mount and UMD (looking at current projections and their win today) are in. Any thoughts on seeding and outcomes? I'd say Mount gets a 16 seed and rocked by Kansas or someone and UMD becomes an early tourney upset. With GW out I just tryna have some fun with the postseason

3/15/2021 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Local Tourney Teams

Damn no takers. GTown also in the mix. They look hungry to win a couple here too

3/16/2021 9:33 am  #3

Unlike most of you, I root for UMD. I also root for UVA. Like most of you, I will never root for GTown. And of course I always root for the A10 teams that get in to the tournament. So I've got four teams to root for, none of which play until Saturday.
Another year with no GW postseason, and the WTF just signed Fitzpatrick. Dark days for this DC sports fans. But thank God for the Caps.

3/16/2021 9:38 am  #4

Last week, there were a few vomit-inducing "you know, I'm kind of rooting for Georgetown" sentiments expressed on this board.  Ummm, no.  Maryland and Virginia are quite different starting with the fact that each has been willing to play us.  And, A10 success at the Dance results in some extra (though not much) funds coming GW's way, so of course we should root for the likeable Bonnies and unlikeable VCU.

3/16/2021 9:41 am  #5

Fully endorse the sentiments above about a nearby team.

3/16/2021 11:52 am  #6

I've been waiting for 2 decades for Snyder to sell the WFT and disappear.
I've been waiting for the Washington Wizards to be relevant again for almost as long.
I was teased by the Nationals success not too long ago and was always an Orioles fan, so you know how that has worked out.
I've been through misery for the last 5 years as a GW fan.
Therefore, I take comfort in cheering for our other local teams who have had success, including Georgetown.

3/17/2021 6:10 pm  #7

Got UVA going a couple rounds deep for sure. Can't trust UMD and Turgeon sadly but have them moving on to 32. Gtown might beat Colorodo honestly that's a good match up and they are on fire even if you hate them like most here. Mount over Texas Southern was my fun little bet for the first 4 games but idk much about them so I could be dead wrong. Don't sew VCU coming away with the W but the Bonnie's should win that first match up. Really like Zags this year. Would be nice to see the Mid Major Powerhouse take it to these power conference teams!

Board footera