GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2021 1:34 pm  #41

Re: 2021 NCAA Tournament

So sad.

3/20/2021 1:36 pm  #42

GW69 wrote:

Georgetown loses 96-73-Sad

3/20/2021 1:50 pm  #43

This may be because Syracuse is my hometown team, but I'll never understand the logic that states that even though Syracuse wins their NCAA tournament games, that doesn't change the fact that they don't deserve to be in.  If anything, when a team wins NCAA tournament games, it shows that the committee probably did make the right decision and the ACC was better than people thought.  Especially this season, who were you going to put in their place?  Louisville or Colorado State?  I could see St. Louis, but they had some bad losses.  I think its easy to hate on Syracuse, because if you aren't from upstate New York and get Jim Boehiem, he is totally hateable.  However, I think when you look at these Syracuse bubble teams, its hard to identify team you would replace them with who are legitimately better.

I saw the Georgetown blowout coming.  Making a conference tournament run take a lot out of a team.  It's hard to keep that adrenaline going for another.  It reminds me of the year Syracuse made that Big East tournament run where Gerry McNamara put the team on their back, then just got smoked in the first round because they were out of gas.

3/20/2021 2:23 pm  #44

Not the Bonnies day.   Couldn’t make open shots the first 12 minutes, let LSU get a lead, now trying to make a second half push but foul trouble means they can’t be too aggressive which is leading to either help D or defenders under the run and LSU pitbacks.

Feel bad for Lofton, who is a far better offensive player than he’s shown today.

3/20/2021 5:53 pm  #45

VCU out for COVAD. That's sad...they didn't even get a chance to play.

3/20/2021 5:57 pm  #46

Gavit of Big East throw A10 VCU out of  tourney. Good Job Dave.

3/20/2021 6:07 pm  #47

Might as well just cancel the whole tourney. I'm sure other teams have the virus too. If they were in a supposed "bubble"  how did they get COVID.   Very strange. Bookies will be pissed. 

3/20/2021 6:21 pm  #48

The slow start for both teams and the huge presence of Osunniyi made it look like St. Bonaventure had a good chance to win, but once LSU got some shots to fall down, they never looked back. LSU's talent and athletic advantage really showed as St. Bonaventure never really threatened after LSU went up by double digits. 76 is the most points St. Bonaventure has given up this year. 

That's too bad for VCU!! They were in Indiana practicing all week too. 

I agree Tennessee Colonial, it is a little strange because everyone was tested before they arrived in Indiana. Hopefully, none of the teams who were in the same hotel(I heard a coach say that there are about 15 teams in each hotel) with VCU got infected. 

3/20/2021 6:27 pm  #49

Welp there goes any extra cash for the conference. 

In all seriousness hope everyone stays safe and whomever is infected on VCU recovers fully.

3/20/2021 6:54 pm  #50

That is quite bizarre. Just VCU.
Interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully no one else gets sick, but if the bubble
and tests work, why did VCU test positive?

3/20/2021 7:00 pm  #51

It’s almost like it was a bad idea  having the kids play a tournament so other people could profit.

3/20/2021 8:12 pm  #52

Wow, UVA loses again.  Do we have to reevaluate how big our win was against them back in 2015 given how often they lose to the likes of UMBC and Ohio lol?

3/20/2021 8:31 pm  #53

Take this for what it's worth, but a VCU grad on twitter(@RamboRowdy) is blaming VCU's positive tests on the A-10 for having the conference tournament at Dayton. He claims that Dayton's arena was not sanitized, they did not have the proper protocols and that a ref contracted COVID. He said VCU never had a COVID issue until they went to Dayton for the A-10 tournament. Can GW Rising or anyone close with the team confirm the conditions in Dayton? I posted his tweet down below

None of the games in the A-10 tournament games were cancelled, so there did not appear to be any COVID problems while the tournament was going on. The ACC and Big 12 are the only conferences that experienced COVID issues during their tournaments. 

https://twitter.com/RamboRowdy/status/1373441288830382087  

3/20/2021 8:37 pm  #54

I wouldn't trust anybody with a name like RamboRowdy.  Joking aside, Did the Bonnies have a problem with Covid?   Are there a hundred other ways the bubble could  have burst?   Sure.  Sounds like the blame game to me.                                                                                                        

3/20/2021 8:53 pm  #55

BC, you're probably right. Now that I think about it, that may be the ramblings of an angry VCU fanatic!! LOL  I guess  all the VCU fans are going to blame the A-10 for this. He did mention that VCU assistant coach, J.D. Beyers, complained about the conditions in Dayton, that COULD have some credibility

3/20/2021 10:15 pm  #56

My understanding was you had to have 7 days of clean testing pre-bubble to be admitted. Then when you got to Indianapolis you had 3 days of testing. So 10 days total. It's possible that someone contracted it earlier but did not test positive until the last test but there is no way to know for sure.

3/20/2021 11:28 pm  #57

Texas loses. I guess the 23 turnovers were not important. May cost Smart his job losing to Abilene Christian.  Slop ball. 

3/20/2021 11:34 pm  #58

AC shot 29% FG and 16.7% from 3. And won by the bad play of the other team which shot 45% FG and 35% from 3.  Brutal. 

3/21/2021 12:43 pm  #59

This Illinois-Loyola Chicago game is playing out like the NCAA wanted where the big-name state school is in a knock-down, drag-out brawl with the lesser-known local school. Illinois was held to a season-low 24 first half points today. I mentioned how a similar scenario happened like this a few years ago where 7th or 10th seeded Wichita State had their with Kansas in the 2nd round. I'll go back a little further to when Maryland made its first Final 4 appearance in school history in the early 2000's, in the 1st round they were a 3 seed and barely beat 14th seeded George Mason, George Mason may have been the closest game they played on their way to the Final 4. I wonder how these BCS coaches feel when they get matched up with local schools that they are afraid to play in the regular season!!

3/21/2021 1:41 pm  #60

Should relegate these BCS teams to 2 bid leagues. Just a lot of hot air. Tier 1 victories? What doeasthat mean?  All BCS teams are tier 1, even if they are crap?  Wow.

Board footera