GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2021 5:24 pm  #21

Re: Paulsen Out At George Mason

Paulsen was a really good guy who probably should have stayed at Bucknell. I feel bad for him but he just didn't win enough and Edwards did not hire him. I also feel bad for Mojo with a new baby who will have to coach at his fourth school in four years next year. 

3/17/2021 6:17 pm  #22

The Dude wrote:

Call the Bowie gym and see if a certain bald man in his mid 50s is available.  Pros, will take the job for a tiny salary, cons: abuses his players

So is this allowed Barry?

3/17/2021 6:18 pm  #23

Dude tell Pat I said hi and thanks for the money he gave me to come over for "after school extra credit"

3/17/2021 6:22 pm  #24

Hopefully this move by Mason will put pressure on GW to do the same thing. Oh yeh, now I remember, we can't afford a change so we'll just muddle along as usual.

3/17/2021 6:27 pm  #25

Tho The Dude makes a great point. ML at GM would be electric. Mojo gets to reunite with his old coach/mentor and GW gets an extra spicey game twice a year. Gotta do something when your 5000 capacity gym has been on covid restrictions for 5 years now and the wins become more and more rare like a signed baseball card.

3/17/2021 6:39 pm  #26

Skittles wrote:

Mojo gets to reunite with his old coach/mentor

C'mon we all know Mojo's mentor was Izzo.  I kid, I kid.

3/17/2021 6:53 pm  #27

GW0509 wrote:

Skittles wrote:

Mojo gets to reunite with his old coach/mentor

C'mon we all know Mojo's mentor was Izzo.  I kid, I kid.

Lmaoooo I almost forgot about that media stunt

3/25/2021 5:10 pm  #28

Yesterday, George Mason hired Kim English as it's coach, he was an assistant at Tennessee this past season, and was a star player for Missouri about 10 years ago. It looks like he's trying to keep Josh Oduro and Tyler Kolek from transferring, both of them entered the transfer protocol after Paulsen was fired.

3/26/2021 10:47 am  #29

Thomas wrote:

It looks like he's trying to keep Josh Oduro and Tyler Kolek from transferring, both of them entered the transfer protocol after Paulsen was fired.

Instead, he's lost AJ Wilson to the portal.

Board footera