GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2021 9:22 am  #1

Brendan Adams

As a UConn fan and GW alum so excited to see Brendan land with us at GW. He's a great defender, pretty good shooter. Will bring some nice senior leadership as well. He was Hurley's first recruit to UConn - came to him from URI, so the A10 will be a perfect level for him. Graduated with an econ degree in 3 years as well. 

Fun fact: brother of Bonnies' Jaylen Adams 

Last edited by gwsb14 (3/31/2021 9:23 am)

3/31/2021 10:12 am  #2

Re: Brendan Adams

If he wants, I think he could play two more years with this one not counting.

Our defense really should be much improved with Bamisile and Adams being 6’5” athletic guards.

From what I remember, he’s been a bit of a streaky player and pretty good around the rim, but has struggled a bit on threes.  He may have gotten hurt this year because he went from playing a lot to DNPs (and then just a few minutes player over the last 10 games).  He even started while Bouknight was hurt.

3/31/2021 10:18 am  #3

I don't think Brendan Adams ever played at Rhode Island, he de-committed(or was let out of his LOI) and followed Hurley when Hurley got the UConn job. His brother was a very good player/scorer at St. Bonaventure. 

3/31/2021 12:29 pm  #4

I agree. Very good.

3/31/2021 1:02 pm  #5

Wow, huge addition.

3/31/2021 1:20 pm  #6

Free Quebec wrote:

If he wants, I think he could play two more years with this one not counting.

Our defense really should be much improved with Bamisile and Adams being 6’5” athletic guards.

From what I remember, he’s been a bit of a streaky player and pretty good around the rim, but has struggled a bit on threes. He may have gotten hurt this year because he went from playing a lot to DNPs (and then just a few minutes player over the last 10 games). He even started while Bouknight was hurt.

FQ, Adams didn't get hurt at all, he just sort of fell out of Hurley's rotation once Andre Jackson got healthy and more acclimated on the court. I'm not sure that was the right decision for UConn, especially against Maryland when it was clear they needed anyone that might've been able to hit a jumper, but Jackson was a tp 40 recruit and is obviously a bigger part of the future of UConn's program than Adams would have been.

In my opinion, Adams is a better shooter than the percentages say. The form is solid, but the confidence was always seemingly the issue with him at UConn, as he never really had a clearly defined role. When he played with confidence, he looked like a player that physically belonged at the AAC and Big East level, so hopefully taking a minor step down to the A-10 will allow him to play more to his ceiling than what I think he did at UConn. 

3/31/2021 5:13 pm  #7

Really like econ degree in 3 years and A-10 family pedigree.
Also gwsb and UConn fans on Twitter have nice things to say about him.
All of which is to say welcome Brendan and family to the GW Colonials family.

4/01/2021 10:50 am  #8

The UConn Connection returns to GW. Nice addition. Welcome to Foggy Bottom, Brendan!

7/27/2021 3:16 pm  #9

Hi all,

For those who don't know I'm a CT native, GW grad - 2014, and big time college basketball fan. Being from CT obviously grew up a UConn fan, so I was really excited when I saw Brendan was coming to GW. On the side, I host a Connecticut sports podcast and got some time with Brendan for an episode. The first half is UConn talk, we then get into GW for the second half. Think you'll like the first part to get to know Brendan a bit more, and certainly will like the GW parts. Wanted to share with you all! 

https://soundcloud.com/user-855271056/brendan-adams-uconn-and-gw-mens-basketball

7/27/2021 5:44 pm  #10

Very cool, good stuff.

7/27/2021 6:59 pm  #11

Great interview. Thanks for giving us the heads up.

7/27/2021 8:28 pm  #12

Thanks everyone! 

7/28/2021 2:37 pm  #13

Thanks for posting gwsb14.  Anything that the information-starved fans of this program can get is always appreciated. 

11/27/2022 10:11 pm  #14

What a season Brendan Adams is having so far.

18 points 6 boards 3 dimes   1.2 steals

Shooting 53% and 67.6 from 2  87% from FT     65.6% true shooting    1.1 Win Shares in 6 games

11/28/2022 3:10 pm  #15

11/28/2022 7:07 pm  #16

Well earned.  I thought, and still basically do there's no chance this roster can be anything but a bottom 4 A10 team, the only hope would be guys like Brendan Adams taking huge leaps forward.

Are we witnessing it?  or is it just a fast start to the year.  

The other 2 guys I'm hopeful for making a leap like this, Lindo and Maximus.   if we can get 4 guys to legit A10 starter levels we've got a chance at a half-decent season.   James Bishop can't carry the team alone

12/01/2022 12:54 am  #17

18 points 5 dimes 5 boards, 4 for 9 from 3 for Adams in a thrashig of Power 5 South Carolina.

Is there an A10 award for Most Improved Player?  If so Adams has to be in the mix

12/01/2022 9:55 am  #18

The A10 Most Improved Player Award is named after Chris Daniels, the former Dayton player (and brother of Antonio Daniels) who died in 1996 at age 22 from cardiac arrhythmia.  Really not at all a hard thing to look up.

While I have little context as to who else may have significantly improved within the conference, I'd have to say that Brendan appears to be a strong candidate at this point.

12/01/2022 12:41 pm  #19

Looks like we've had two winners in the past, 2004 Pops and 2014 BigKev

Brendan Adams well on his way - as for Lindo and Maximus, the formula seemed in place last night, and dare I say Dean too? 

Has Dean emerged as a solid A10 level starter?  he's looked it recently

12/01/2022 1:03 pm  #20

In a recent interview (I think the post game press conference after the UNH game?) CC said that one thing he's been stressing to BA is to be more patient in the pick and roll.  I think I saw that a few times last night where BA let the play develop and found guys rolling to the basket or spots in the defense to pull up for a jumper. 

Board footera