GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2021 8:16 pm  #21

Re: News Coming ...

Tennessee Colonial wrote:

Bishop. With the new guys his playing time will be cut. 

Lol.  Amazing how much some of you hate on the kid.

4/12/2021 9:04 pm  #22

How long do we have to wait?

4/12/2021 9:10 pm  #23

Just because he is the best player we have now.  Just noting this instability of rosters around the country is just plain insane. Very nerve racking.  I just don't know how you can build a good program if the foundation you have can disappear in an instant.  How can you coach in such an insane environment. Surprised that  not more and more coaches are not quitting.   

4/12/2021 9:47 pm  #24

danjsport wrote:

How long do we have to wait?

I'd say 24-48 hours as an estimate.

4/13/2021 7:34 am  #25

GW0509 wrote:

Maybe another F?

jake lieberman @jakelieberman2 7m 
Kevin Easley (@kevineasley__34) tells me that he just spoke with George Washington. TCU transfer who averaged 4.5 PPG. 6'7 forward.

Worth noting that he started at UT Chattanooga, where he was excellent as a freshman. He averaged 14.2 points as a freshman and 6.7 boards, and shot 39% from three.  Even had 21 points, 7 boards at Michigan as a freshman.  He sat out a year at TCU and I’m not sure what happened there - but TCU had 7 guys hit the portal this year.   

He could be an excellent pickup, especially if he clicks from three again.

4/13/2021 8:20 am  #26

Unfortunately, after sitting a year, this past seasons numbers were substantially lower (nearly 10 ppg and 14% in 3 point shooting percentage) than his frosh numbers,  Of course, the raw numbers doesn't explain why the drop in offense (injury?  discontent?, wrong system?) nor does it tell how he is as a defender (which is the area in which we could really need help).   Couldn't help but notice the physical similarities to Battle in terms of height and weight (6'7", 225 lbs).  

4/13/2021 11:28 am  #27

No word yet but I would be disappointed if Tyler Brelsford moved on.  I feel he has the potential to be a prolific scorer even coming off of the bench in short spurts.  He showed a fearlessness that you like to see from freshmen (contrast this to Lincoln Ball who looked to be a well-rounded player but who was just too tentative to assert himself many times).  With the influx of guards joining the program along with the hopeful return of Amir Harris, I would understand if Tyler felt he was the odd man out.  I can easily foresee Tyler succeeding at or around the A10 level if he was in the right situation (i.e. not the 5th guard on the team).  

4/13/2021 11:37 am  #28

BrianPaul wrote:

Something might happen today.  Maybe, tomorrow, too. Or not.

Given the uncertainty of between 24 and 48 hours Brian maybe you should stop following this thread lol. 

Last edited by GWRising (4/13/2021 11:38 am)

4/13/2021 1:57 pm  #29

Verbal Commits @VerbalCommits
George Washington G Tyler Brelsford (FR) has entered the transfer portal. verbalcommits.com/players/tyler-…

4/13/2021 1:58 pm  #30

The portal continues to go crazy. GW may be in a better position to get a great fit by waiting. As I recall, we didn't get Armwood until AFTER his Summer trip to Europe. Can't recall what month we picked up Tyler. And that was before an average of 6 players per team decided to transfer.

The NCAA really screwed the pooch on this. This will forever change the landscape of college basketball.

4/13/2021 2:05 pm  #31

This is the second wave schools are going to see. The results of talent transferring in.

Well 2 scholarships available

Last edited by Florida Colonial (4/13/2021 2:06 pm)

4/13/2021 2:17 pm  #32

Can't be surprised given a backcourt that now has Bishop, Freeman, Bamisile and Adams.  Not even counting Amir in this group.  No question that Tyler is the odd man out here.  It used to be bad form to "recruit over" a current player.  Today, it's the norm, only it's referred to as "really improving your team."  Let's hope so.

4/13/2021 2:25 pm  #33

Agree mayhem that I too generally feel uneasy about "recruiting over" someone however it seems like coaches almost have to do it when anyone can decide to transfer at a moments notice.  You almost have to hope you can keep both players than lose one late in the spring and have to fill in with some unknown unsigned HS recruit or a picked-over transfer portal mercenary.

4/13/2021 2:32 pm  #34

This is a two act play gentlemen. The second act is underway but not finalized and may take a week or so. The Tyler departure was a surprise but every coach these days is prepared for surprises.

4/13/2021 2:51 pm  #35

I liked Tyler. Too bad. 

4/13/2021 3:05 pm  #36

I liked him too. Best of luck to him wherever he goes

4/13/2021 3:06 pm  #37

GWRising wrote:

This is a two act play gentlemen. The second act is underway but not finalized and may take a week or so. The Tyler departure was a surprise but every coach these days is prepared for surprises.

GWRising, thank you for posting the information. I am sorry that Tyler is leaving, but I hope he finds a great fit and plays a lot of minutes.  I feel he has the potential to be a real contributor.  If you were to speculate, do you believe the second act would involve a player coming into the program, and, if so, what position would that player play? 

4/13/2021 3:26 pm  #38

Not sure why this was a surprise.  The team just brought in Brendan Adams, Joe Bamisile, and Brayon Freeman in addition to James Bishop and Amir Harris holding up spots.  You'd think that at least Adams, Bamisile, and Bishop sit ahead of him on the depth chart and so he and Freeman would be competing for the fourth guard spot.  He'd  been recruited over not just by a freshman, but by a senior and a sophomore each from big-time programs.  Glad there's at least the possibility of a backup plan.  

4/13/2021 4:03 pm  #39

Whatever school gets Tyler is going to get a very good player. He could have been a really good bench player here, but that’s not really a thing anymore and I understand why he left. In this era, quality depth will be hard to build and nearly impossible to retain. 

Wish Tyler the best, and could easily see him becoming a big time scorer somewhere else, like Jordan Roland.

4/13/2021 4:19 pm  #40

22ndandF wrote:

GWRising wrote:

GWRising, thank you for posting the information. I am sorry that Tyler is leaving, but I hope he finds a great fit and plays a lot of minutes.  I feel he has the potential to be a real contributor.  If you were to speculate, do you believe the second act would involve a player coming into the program, and, if so, what position would that player play? 

I believe if another player comes in he will likely be a wing that can shoot. May not work out that way but to me that is where I would go.

Board footera