GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2021 3:11 pm  #1

Can't Win If You Don't Play

JC and co. basically buy a lottery ticket and offer #1 overall prospect for 2022 after he de-commits from Michigan State.  Also considering going pro.

Chris Solari[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/chrissolari]@chrissolari·30m   
Emoni Bates on Instagram says he got an offer today from George Washington. Ypsi Prep phenom also picked up a Texas offer Friday night after decommitting from MSU.

5/01/2021 3:21 pm  #2

Re: Can't Win If You Don't Play

Thats a bold swing for the fences.. I wonder if there is a relationship there otherwise thats quite the shocker.. I like the boldness

5/01/2021 4:38 pm  #3

I agree with both of you, even if there is a less than 1 percent chance of Eboni Bates signing with GW, you have to respect Jamion Christian for doing this. E.Bates is only going to be in school for a couple months, why not spend that time in the heart of Washington D.C.!! 

It's funny seeing the responses of the bitter Michigan State fans to that tweet, including one claims that Emoni Bates "didn't have the grades" to get into Michigan State! Using the "high academic standards" EXCUSE as a way to justify losing a recruit isn't a good look. 

5/01/2021 4:51 pm  #4

Thats quite a claim from bitter MSU fans given their admission rate is 71% 

5/01/2021 5:16 pm  #5

And as in the lottery, chances of winning the big price is 1 in 3.8 million.    Still, nothing to lose, so why not take a wild swing in the dark and hope something connects.  

5/01/2021 6:36 pm  #6

Did it cost GW anything to make the offer? No. Did it generate even a single twatter post of attention? Yes.
Sounds like a wining move to me, but don´t rush to the bookstore looking for his jersey to be on sale...

8/04/2021 9:05 pm  #7

Damn so close!

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
Emoni Bates, the No. 1 player in the class, told @Stadium he will reclassify and either head to college and the G-League this season. He said he will choose between Oregon, Memphis, Michigan State if he goes the college route.

Board footera