GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2019 8:34 am  #1

Advice Wanted for Season Ticket Options

So, I haven't been a ticketholder for many years, but am very excited for what GW can accomplish under Coach Christian.  I asked for and received pricing for different season ticket options and came across something I hadn't known was available, something called the Raise High Pass.  

With this pass, you don't get a permanent seat location.  Instead you get an email two days before each game that allows you to check-in (a la Southwest Airlines) and get the best seat available (of your choice).  It is much less expensive than the other options, which is good for me because I don't believe I can make more than half the games.  It runs $129 per person, versus $310 for an upper level seat or about $600 for lower level.  

If I were going to all the games, I'd likely choose one of the others, but am leaning toward this $129 option.  Wondering if anyone has taken advantage of this last year and how the seats were for the non-league vs. league games.

Thanks for any input.

Barry

8/16/2019 11:51 am  #2

Re: Advice Wanted for Season Ticket Options

All of those sound like really good deals. When you consider how much it costs to go see a movie or a major league baseball game or a concert, that is dirt cheap. You can´t even get in to a single Congressional fundraiser in DC for under $600 (I don´t think even Steve King is that desperate for cash to have cut his prices, yet). Heck, round trip airfare from National to Cincinati in January is listed at $174, and who the f"$# wants to make a trip to Ohio in January that costs more than an entire season of Division I basketball tickets?

8/16/2019 12:03 pm  #3

BGF- this is the first year for those flex passes and it sounds like a great deal.  If it was offered earlier, I would have chosen that over my season tickets since I too struggle to make every game.

If and when we start getting a stronger team, it may not be as good of a deal since there will hopefully be many more season ticket holders.

Hope this helps.

8/18/2019 4:28 pm  #4

Barry.  That sounds like a good option for you (the $129.00 one) financially.   Once you feel that you will go to all or almost all of the games, I would do otherwise.    I have always enjoyed having the same seat year after year, as I always know what I am getting and so I can get to know my neighbors a bit.  I guess another choice you have is just continue to buy the tickets to individual games.  Is isn't as if there won't be plenty of good seats available to most, if not all, all of the games.

8/19/2019 8:27 am  #5

Also the bigger partial plan probably puts a person higher up the list if they ever want full season tickets.

8/19/2019 10:41 am  #6

Evidently they had this plan last year as well, but I don't know anyone who ever heard about it.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts...likely will get two tickets on the plan this year and see how it goes.  Thanks.

Barry

8/19/2019 10:12 pm  #7

I'm also debating the Raise High Pass and the upper level sides and leaning towards the pass.  I can't imagine demand will be especially high this year so the pass should be worth the savings, even if I'll hate being behind the basket for some of the games.  Plus this way I won't feel nearly as bad if I end up missing some games.  

8/20/2019 10:11 am  #8

I've had season tickets behind the basket for the past 10 years or so in the same spot (first row up the stairs).  They are great seats and only $100 ($65 if you are a young alum).  Plus, you get the added bonus of never having to move your head back and forth as you watch the game.  Everything is right in front of you.  If you don't want to move around, its a good option to look at.

Board footera