GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2021 11:31 pm  #1

NCAA Tourney Wins by Coach

Jarvis 3
Penders 0
Hobbs 1
ML 0
Mojo 0
JC  TBD

If the over/under was set at 1.5 for JC, would you bet the over or the under?

Last edited by The Dude (7/27/2021 11:33 pm)

7/28/2021 8:57 am  #2

Re: NCAA Tourney Wins by Coach

Under

7/28/2021 4:45 pm  #3

I initially was going to respond that picking the under is unnecessarily negative, but realistically, getting A win would be a historical achievement for any GW coach.  Sad that's the case but if JC gets to 2 wins I'd rank him behind Jarvis for greatest coach in GW history.

7/28/2021 4:55 pm  #4

Well, 3 for Jarvis and 1 for Hobbs. 

Since the departure of Hobbs, it has been an extremely disappointing stretch.  Even Penders got to the dance, in just a 3 year stint, and First round NCAA games are always winnable for us, not like we're playing a 1-2-3 seed round 1.

We're due to break a long drought.  

7/28/2021 5:47 pm  #5

"Winnable"? Did you not see the Vandy game (out of reach before the first media timeout)?
It should be noted that no GW men´s coach had an NCAA Tournament win before Jarvis. So that is a looooong list of names and only two get W´s next to them (and one has to think that if KH had scheduled better there could have been more W´s next to his name!).
Also missing from the list is GW´s all-time NCAA win leader: Joe McKeown.

7/28/2021 6:15 pm  #6

Lol, I recall it got out of hand rather early.  Well, the last 2 losses were 8 vs 9 and 6 vs 11, both winnable matchups.

the prior 11 vs 6 game was an 81-79 game vs Iowa, winnable and almost did win.

Of course, all 3 of Jarvis' wins were as double digit seeds, so yep I'd say any game GW plays in round 1 is winnable.

The last time we played a round 2 game, we hung with the #1 overall seed Duke.  But any round 1 game is going to be at a minimum winnable.  

1 more over/under

NCAA tourney games coached:  2.5

Board footera