GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2022 8:10 pm  #41

Re: GW vs Virginia St Game Thread

Linda 5 rebounds - not bad

11/07/2022 8:25 pm  #42

Just lose video?

11/07/2022 8:36 pm  #43

WisconsinColonial2021 wrote:

Just lose video?

feed started going in and out in the second half for me, crazy they charge $10 a month for this

11/07/2022 8:42 pm  #44

Good to know it is not just me. I never thought "feed issues" would be what sent me to the bottle tonight...

11/07/2022 8:44 pm  #45

Switched to streaming on pad and a lot better

11/07/2022 8:53 pm  #46

Nope. My connection has fallen and can´t get up. Then again, either this is a win or I wouldn´t want to watch them blow a 21-point lead to a DII school in the last 7 mins anyways. I just hope the technical hicups are not an omen for the season...

11/07/2022 9:07 pm  #47

Everybody and their cousins are playing tonight.  Hopefully that's the reason for the horrible video.  Too many games?  Nah that can't be.

11/07/2022 9:21 pm  #48

The Caputo Era begins with a Victory!

21 points 9 dimes for Bishop
15 points on 4-7 from 3 for Adams
10 boards 3 steals 3 dimes 2 blocks for the Matrix 2.0 Ricky Lindo Jr

Dean and Brown combined for 18 points 10 board, neither missed a shot

Great student section for the first win of the Caputo Era.   Lets make it 2 straight Friday

Last edited by The Dude (11/07/2022 9:22 pm)

11/07/2022 9:24 pm  #49

BC wrote:

Everybody and their cousins are playing tonight.  Hopefully that's the reason for the horrible video.  Too many games?  Nah that can't be.

It is! They overloaded the servers with what had to be 20+ espn+ exclusive streams of mbb games.

11/07/2022 9:27 pm  #50

WisconsinColonial2021 wrote:

Switched to streaming on pad and a lot better

WC, did you end up using a different browser on the pad? I have dumped Chrome as it gives me problems on streaming--not that that is your problem.

11/07/2022 9:28 pm  #51

Even with the ESPN+ technical difficulties in the second half and even though it was a DII school, that felt good to watch! And kudos to all the students for showing up!

11/07/2022 9:42 pm  #52

GWAA,Vous avez choisi une belle pièce de bœuf? J'espère que c'est allé avec du whisky

11/07/2022 9:45 pm  #53

russianthistle wrote:

GWAA,Vous avez choisi une belle pièce de bœuf? J'espère que c'est allé avec du whisky

Not only was the beef better than the feed of the game, it was actually good. Not a whisky man, but celebrating the team´s undefeated DII campaign by downing some aged Nicaraguan rum.

11/07/2022 9:46 pm  #54

ESPN reports  servers issues... problem must be related to the demand for Kentucky and Howard.

11/07/2022 9:54 pm  #55

It was Greek Night tonight which accounted for the extreme student turnout. Hopefully seeing winning basketball convinces a good chunk of them to come back Friday night.

What better way to “pregame” a holiday weekend?

11/07/2022 10:49 pm  #56

Take aways:

Positives:
-Play of Bishop  21 points on 14 field goal attempts, to go along with 9 assists and 4 rebounds.
-red hot first half for Adams
-Centers (Brown and Dean) shot a combined 8-8 from the field, with 8 rebounds.  Who wouldn't take that all season?   Brown and Dean were both too big and strong for Norfolk State.  Wish we had pounded the ball into them more
-After being shut out in the first half, Edwards finishes with 12 points on 5-8 shooting
-Kids play hard and generally rotated well on defense.
-Clarke looks like he could be a nice backup at the point
-For reasons I can't explain, I kinda like Samuels
-Most of our shots were of the "good" variety.

Areas of concern.
-Too many turnovers
-Gave up too many offensive rebounds.
-poor free throw shooting
(These 3 factors kept Norfolk State within striking distance well into the second half)
Although Lindo had 10 rebounds, he looks lost on offense
If Brandon is going to play the point, he needs a better ratio than zero assists to 5 turnovers.  FWIW...it looked like Bishop was handling the point quite frequently.
Still looking to see what Harris brings to the table.

One thing I liked.   Both Edwards and Lindo were pulled after making bad plays on offense and defense, spoken to by the coach and sent back in.  Not sure if it happened with anyone else.

Agree with the student turnout.  They were numerous and loud.  Didn't see total attendance, but it was probably twice as much as I was expecting.  Good college basketball atmosphere.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (11/07/2022 10:50 pm)

11/07/2022 11:41 pm  #57

Total turnout was 40 less than last year's best (Davidson on a Saturday). This is with significantly less ticketed attendance and the Davidson fans accounted for a lot of that last year. This was also the first time we did a tailgate in the alley next to the arena. The weather probably helped a bit but it seems like the tailgate is a great thing. Our plan isto do that for all Saturday games and any big games like South Carolina

11/08/2022 1:06 am  #58

Stunning to see that student turnout for most any game, much less one against a D2 team in early November. They were all over the student areas and spilling into the other side.
Excellent job Ryan and George's Army leadership!

11/08/2022 6:50 am  #59

11/08/2022 7:58 am  #60

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

russianthistle wrote:

Not only was the beef better than the feed of the game, it was actually good. Not a whisky man, but celebrating the team´s undefeated DII campaign by downing some aged Nicaraguan rum.

Guatemalan Rum, Zacapa 23, is my favorite.

Board footera