GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2021 5:44 pm  #181

Re: GW vs BU Game Thread

dmvpiranha wrote:

Also why did the school stop posting the postgame press conferences? In the ML era, they would always get posted at the end of games. I guess another indicator that the school doesn't really care even if some fans do.

A few days late but here is the press conference posted to YouTube.

I will say it's sort of jarring to still hear JC's voice so upbeat with how the season has gone so far.  Not sure I would be able to do the same. 

Last edited by GW0509 (12/03/2021 5:49 pm)

12/04/2021 12:41 am  #182

Thanks for posting GW0509!

I agree that JC's upbeat tone feels a bit out of place, and it definitely sounded like he was a bit stressed about how the team is performing currently at points in the video. When he pivoted to talking about the ringtone it almost felt like he wanted to talk about anything else other than the game.

Nobody should be jumping ship, and I'm happy to see that no one has really pushed the fire JC agenda because it's still early enough in the season and we should still be backing the team. Deserting the team is certainly not going to help, and I figure those on here are going to stick with the team through thick and thin.

However, even as someone who tries to see things from a positive angle, I can't disagree with those who are rightfully frustrated with where the team is right now. 2-7 with a bottom 50 offense in the country. JC's first team with Mojo's players had a better record through 9 games (although we can tie the record at 6-7 if we win the remainder of OOC games).

I have lowered my expectations, but just hope GW can eventually get to a place where they are close to a top 150 program on a consistent basis. Not even a team that makes the postseason tournaments periodically, but one that is slightly above average/competent. The sad thing is the team seems a bit far from even that expectation currently. It feels like a reach that we can make the top 200 at this point which is definitely a disappointment from any objective angle.

On a side note, this is a message board so I'm not sure why complaining is a surprise. GW's is pretty tame compared to others out there. I see the frustration as a good thing from the standpoint that at least a few fans still care that we are losing and we haven't become a total apathetic fanbase.

The good news is that every game is an opportunity for the team to get better and potentially get a W.

12/04/2021 2:30 pm  #183

Very interesting comments after my post.  I begrudge no one for "whining" or "moaning" or "complaining" IF you show your support for the program and the players and the University by buying season tickets, showing up when your schedule allows, etc. 

If you don't vote in an election, you forfeit your "right" (in my own opinion) to criticize and second-guess.  If you don't show up to games as an act of "protest" you forfeit your "right" (in my own opinion) to be outspoken on a FAN board such as this.

Like it or not, you pay to play, by buying tickets and showing up.

Board footera