GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2019 7:47 am  #1

POLL: Which returning player will break out this season?

Thought it would be cool to try out the polling feature on the site. Which returning player from last year's team do you think will break out this season? You can use any definition of "break out" that you want, like averages double figures this year after not last year. Feel free to comment as well.

I'm excluding Maceo and Arnaldo since most of us will assume they will average double figures, and we know what to expect from them.

POLL: Which returning player will break out this season?

9/10/2019 11:30 am  #2

Re: POLL: Which returning player will break out this season?

I think Mezie is the obvious choice as far as the stats he put up and the ceiling we think he has. Has the physical tools, think he was limited in minutes last year due to being a little lost on the floor. 

Justin Williams deserves as many minutes as we can give him. Was definitely the most efficient player we had. Think he can dominate this year if we let him loose. Vacuum around the rim and put back King. If he develops some handles he could be a mini Zion. 

9/10/2019 2:01 pm  #3

I voted for Armel.  While I do think Mezie will see a big jump simply by being trusted more than he was last year, I think Armel has a chance to really regain some of the hype that he had prior to last year.  Furthermore, JC has had success coaching smaller PGs like Junior Robinson. 

Biggest thing for Armel is getting a better 3 pt shot and trusting his speed and attacking the rim more.  He was routinely beating guys off the dribble last year.

9/10/2019 3:18 pm  #4

I voted for Armel as well.  Despite the frustration over Mezie being asked to take his seat every time he made a mistake, the fact is there were a lot of mistakes given his limited minutes.  If Mezie can better handle the mental aspects of the game, like cut down on traveling as he begins to drive as an example, this will be a big help.  Until then, I like Armel who looked like he more than belonged on many occasions last season but was derailed by a combination of poor health and subsequently how his minutes were handled after he returned.

9/10/2019 5:22 pm  #5

I like Justin Williams - I'm a softie for the underdog.  He also works so damn hard.

Board footera