GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2019 12:52 pm  #1

A10 Talk - Top 100 A10 Players

https://www.a10talk.com/ranking-the-top-100-atlantic-10-basketball-players-for-the-2019-20-season/
26. Arnaldo Toro | George Washington | Sr.Due to an unfortunate hip injury at the beginning of the 2018-19 season, Arnaldo Toro barely saw the court last year, and GW struggled without its key big man in the post. Toro was coming off a strong sophomore year and had already strung together three double-doubles in just 7 contests before getting injured. With plenty of time to rehab, Toro should come back in fighting shape, ready for a strong senior year where GW will rely on him heavily. With plenty of changes in Foggy Bottom, Toro will remain the team’s anchor and could even emerge as the leading scorer without D.J. Williams or Terry Nolan Jr. in the mix. As always though, Toro will remain one of the best rebounders in the Atlantic 10 next year.

47. Maceo Jack | George Washington | Jr.Maceo Jack had a pretty big sophomore season, making a jump from 2.8 PPG his freshman year to 11.5 PPG. At 6-5, Jack is effective on the glass, pulling down 3.5 boards per game last season, and he can knock down his shots from the free throw line and from long range. Maceo Jack quietly had multiple 20 point games in conference play last season, including 28 in a loss to St. Bonaventure. While Jack is a good shooter, he’s at his best when he’s attacking and getting to the free throw line where he shoots 87.5%. His junior year will be crucial for Jamion Christian in his first season.

55. Justin Mazzulla | George Washington | Jr. With a decent amount of roster turnover this offseason, Justin Mazzulla remains one of the best scorers for the Colonials who’s already played for the Buff and Blue. Averaging 8.9 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game last year, Mazzulla has the ability to add value all across the stat sheet. He hit his stride last season with a 19 point performance against American and would follow that up by scoring in double digits in 7 of his next 8 contests. Mazzulla has proven to be a solid passer, though he’ll have to cut down on his turnovers this coming season (2.6 per game). If Jamion Christian and GW want to make a run up the leaderboard in the A-10 this year, Justin Mazzulla will have to have a big season.

86. Javier Langarica | George Washington | Jr.Javier Langarica has been key for the Colonials in an area they’ve been solid in: rebounding and blocked shots. Missing Arnaldo Toro all of last season hurt the Colonials in those categories, but Langarica averaged 5.3 boards and 1.1 blocked shots per contest. He was top 20 in the conference in both offensive and defensive rebounding percentage last year and was top 10 in block percentage. With Toro back in the mix and a new coach at the helm, it will be interesting to see if GW can gain some momentum in 2019-20.
 95. Armel Potter | George Washington | Sr.Despite playing less than 22 minutes per contest as a junior, Armel Potter managed to add 6 points per contest under Maurice Joseph. While his three point shooting and free throw shooting need work, he was a good defender who hardly committed fouls and added some solid minutes off the bench and then as a starter for the Colonials. His 19 points and 4 assists against Massachusetts were key in that win last season. With Terry Nolan Jr. having transferred, it’s very possible we see Armel Potter assume the starting role at the 2 and get a lot more playing time. In his first season as head coach, Jamion Christian will have an experienced backcourt with Potter and Mazzulla.

9/11/2019 7:34 am  #2

Re: A10 Talk - Top 100 A10 Players

Props to the Davidson kid for taking on a very challenging task no doubt. Compared to some of the other teams, I think our placements are more or less fair. The only ones I would consider pretty low are Armel and Maceo. I think Armel when healthy could probably slot in the 60s (not too far from Justin, although his current placement is understandable after last season) and Maceo will prove to be at least a top 25 player this season, if not higher.

If Amir Harris plays this year, he would probably make the list. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of the freshmen finish the season as a fringe top 100 player either given how much of a role I would expect them to play this season as we build towards the future.

Last edited by dmvpiranha (9/11/2019 7:36 am)

9/11/2019 1:11 pm  #3

Javi has really showed great improvement, eager to see it continue

9/19/2019 8:25 am  #4

I agree with Dmvpiranha, the Davidson kid who put this together did an outstanding job. He even put in video highlights of several newcomers to the A10, it looks like the A10 has a lot of high-level talent coming in this year which should give the league a boost. I'm assuming he thought Amir Harris would sit out this year, so he did not include him. 

Board footera