GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2022 3:11 pm  #101

Re: 2022 Transfer Targets

Because I'm bored and frankly a little antsy for some news, I went and looked at the known names in the transfer portal for mostly BCS guys who either were offered by GW, have some connection to GW, played at Miami, or were offered by Miami.  No clue whether we have a chance at any of these guys.

̶T̶J̶ ̶B̶e̶r̶g̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶S̶a̶n̶ ̶D̶i̶e̶g̶o̶ LAFAYETTE
J̶a̶l̶e̶n̶ ̶B̶r̶i̶d̶g̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶W̶V̶U̶ BAYLOR
Judah Brown, F, St. Mary's
J̶o̶h̶n̶ ̶C̶a̶m̶d̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶M̶e̶m̶p̶h̶i̶s̶ VIRGINIA TECH
W̶e̶s̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶d̶e̶t̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶S̶a̶m̶f̶o̶r̶d̶ CHICAGO STATE
N̶o̶a̶h̶ ̶C̶o̶l̶l̶i̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶P̶i̶t̶t̶     WILLIAM & MARY
̶R̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶w̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶S̶e̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶H̶a̶l̶l̶ TOWSON
 ̶M̶a̶t̶t̶ ̶C̶r̶o̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶L̶o̶u̶i̶s̶v̶i̶l̶l̶e̶ UMASS
H̶a̶s̶s̶a̶n̶ ̶D̶i̶a̶r̶r̶a̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶T̶e̶x̶a̶s̶ ̶A̶&̶M̶ UCONN
G̶a̶b̶e̶ ̶D̶o̶r̶s̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶V̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶b̶i̶l̶t̶ WILLIAM & MARY
T̶r̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶n̶a̶r̶u̶n̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶I̶o̶w̶a̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ CLEVELAND STATE
C̶o̶r̶e̶y̶ ̶F̶l̶o̶y̶d̶,̶ ̶J̶r̶.̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶U̶C̶o̶n̶n̶ PROVIDENCE
J̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶T̶e̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ SAINT LOUIS
Josiah Freeman, G, Western Michigan
A̶l̶e̶x̶ ̶F̶u̶d̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶L̶S̶U̶ FLORIDA
B̶r̶y̶c̶e̶n̶ ̶G̶o̶o̶d̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶v̶i̶d̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ FAIRFIELD
D̶a̶r̶i̶n̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶J̶r̶.̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶U̶C̶F̶ FLORIDA STATE
J̶a̶i̶r̶u̶s̶ ̶H̶a̶m̶i̶l̶t̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶W̶K̶U̶ BACK TO WKU
Anthony Harris, G, UNC
Tyrese Hunter, G, Iowa State
F̶r̶a̶n̶c̶k̶ ̶K̶e̶p̶n̶a̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶C̶,̶ ̶O̶r̶e̶g̶o̶n̶ WASHINGTON
L̶o̶g̶a̶n̶ ̶L̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶K̶a̶n̶s̶a̶s̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ GRAND CANYON
Elijah Olaniyi, F, Stony Brook
O̶m̶a̶r̶ ̶P̶a̶y̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶I̶l̶l̶i̶n̶o̶i̶s̶ JACKSONVILLE
B̶r̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶ ̶P̶o̶d̶z̶i̶e̶m̶s̶k̶i̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶I̶l̶l̶i̶n̶o̶i̶s̶ SANTA CLARA
J̶a̶m̶i̶l̶l̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶y̶n̶o̶l̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶,̶ ̶U̶C̶F̶ TEMPLE
E̶a̶r̶l̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶b̶e̶r̶l̶a̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶M̶e̶m̶p̶h̶i̶s̶ BRYANT
Q̶u̶d̶u̶s̶ ̶W̶a̶h̶a̶b̶,̶ ̶C̶,̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶y̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ GEORGETOWN
J̶u̶s̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶l̶i̶a̶m̶s̶,̶ ̶G̶,̶ ̶L̶S̶U̶ BACK TO LSU
G̶a̶b̶e̶ ̶W̶i̶z̶n̶i̶t̶z̶n̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶L̶o̶u̶i̶s̶v̶i̶l̶l̶e̶ OHIO
​R̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶N̶o̶r̶t̶h̶w̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶n̶ DUKE

Last edited by GW0509 (5/23/2022 7:06 pm)

4/12/2022 3:57 pm  #102

Thought about doing this and passed.  Thanks May 9th! (or is it May 2009?)

4/12/2022 4:00 pm  #103

BM wrote:

Thought about doing this and passed.  Thanks May 9th! (or is it May 2009?)

LOL, no problem!  I'll try to update it as names come and go. 

The numbers are my attendance at GW 2005-2009 but May 2009 would work too since that was Commencement.

4/13/2022 12:17 am  #104

GW0509 wrote:

Because I'm bored and frankly a little antsy for some news, I went and looked at the known names in the transfer portal for mostly BCS guys who either were offered by GW, have some connection to GW, played at Miami, or were offered by Miami.  No clue whether we have a chance at any of these guys.

Jalen Bridges, F, WVU
Judah Brown, F, St. Mary's
John Camden, F, Memphis
Wesley Cardet, F, Samford
N̶o̶a̶h̶ ̶C̶o̶l̶l̶i̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶F̶,̶ ̶P̶i̶t̶t̶     WILLIAM & MARY
Matt Cross, F, Louisville
Tristan Enaruna, F, Iowa State
Corey Floyd, Jr., G, UConn
Jake Forrester, F, Temple
Alex Fudge, F, LSU
Darin Green, Jr., G, UCF
Franck Kepnang, C, Oregon
Omar Payne, F, Illinois
Brandin Podziemski, G, Illinois
Earl Timberlake, F, Memphis
Qudus Wahab, C, Maryland
Justice Williams, G, LSU
Gabe Wiznitzner, F, Louisville
​Ryan Young, F, Northwestern

That's a good list, some real talent there

4/13/2022 6:45 pm  #105

Hoop Scoop Media @HoopScoopMedia 10m 
Elon transfer Michael Graham tells us he's heard from: Vermont, UMKC, Tulsa, Siena, Delaware, Virginia Tech, Hofstra, LMU, San Jose State, GW, Bowling Green, Georgia State, and Murray State, + others. 6' 8" forward that averaged 9.3PPG and 6.8RPG shooting 61% from the floor.

4/13/2022 6:57 pm  #106

GW0509 wrote:

Hoop Scoop Media @HoopScoopMedia 10m 
Elon transfer Michael Graham tells us he's heard from: Vermont, UMKC, Tulsa, Siena, Delaware, Virginia Tech, Hofstra, LMU, San Jose State, GW, Bowling Green, Georgia State, and Murray State, + others. 6' 8" forward that averaged 9.3PPG and 6.8RPG shooting 61% from the floor.

Looks like he would a nice addition.Had a 17 rebound game against Drexel. Several double doubles

Here is a twitter post regarding him going into the portal

I like this "High character/high academic kid on top of being very talented.  "   

[color=inherit]Pete Quinn[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/CoachPeteQuinn_]@CoachPeteQuinn_·Apr 12 Former @XaverianBB and @cburyboysbball standout Michael Graham has entered the portal. The 6’8 sophomore forward played in all 32 games for Elon this season and averaged 9.3 pts, 6.8 rebs, 61% FG. High character/high academic kid on top of being very talented. @NERRHoops

Last edited by Florida Colonial (4/13/2022 6:58 pm)

4/13/2022 7:27 pm  #107

𝒜𝓃𝒹𝓇ℯ𝓌 𝒮𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater]@Andrew__Slater 4m
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Providence
Mississippi St
Seton Hall
Florida St (Zoom tonight)
Cincinnati
Temple (zoom tonight)
George Washington
Fresno St
Kansas St
Reached out to Nahiem Alleyne, who started 36 games at Virginia Tech, shot 37.3% from 3 & All-ACC Academic

4/13/2022 8:21 pm  #108

Not sure if this has already been reported already

[color=inherit]Justin Byerly[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/JustinByerly]@JustinByerly·Apr 9 Southeast Louisiana transfer Gus Okafor tells me that Wichita State, George Washington, Miami (OH), and Eastern Kentucky are the latest schools to reach out.

https://lionsports.net/sports/mens-basketball/roster/gus-okafor/8754

Last edited by Florida Colonial (4/13/2022 8:21 pm)

4/14/2022 10:13 am  #109

Not holding my breath, but UNC's Anthony Harris entered the portal.  Guard out of Paul VI was recruited by Miami.  Redshirted his freshman year, played in the rump 2020 season and was "inactivated" midway through last year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/anthony-harris-10.html

4/14/2022 11:02 am  #110

BM wrote:

Not holding my breath, but UNC's Anthony Harris entered the portal.  Guard out of Paul VI was recruited by Miami.  Redshirted his freshman year, played in the rump 2020 season and was "inactivated" midway through last year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/anthony-harris-10.html

I’m still holding out for earl timberlake.  Get him, a shooter, and a decent big and we will have a starting 5 that can compete.

I am wondering if the lack of assistant coaches on board yet is a hinderance to portal recruiting.

4/14/2022 11:05 am  #111

Posted in the wrong thread earlier.  I’m still holding out hope for Earl Timberlake news.  Him, a shooter, and a center would give us what we need to be good (if we retain Brayon and Bishop). 

I do wonder if lack of assistants yet is a hinderance to recruiting.

4/14/2022 2:07 pm  #112

Recruiting has been hindered for the last 6 years - not because of the coach or asst's.

4/14/2022 2:15 pm  #113

Free Quebec wrote:

Posted in the wrong thread earlier. I’m still holding out hope for Earl Timberlake news. Him, a shooter, and a center would give us what we need to be good (if we retain Brayon and Bishop).

I do wonder if lack of assistants yet is a hinderance to recruiting.

I would think so...less eyes and ears out there, and you would think that not having a staff is not an asset when getting a kid to commit for 4 years.

4/14/2022 2:34 pm  #114

Joel Joseph wrote:

Recruiting has been hindered for the last 6 years - not because of the coach or asst's.

Because why?

4/14/2022 10:50 pm  #115

All of Coach Caputo's hires so far have been recruiters. He hired a Director of Recruiting from the NBA and then St. Joes lead recruiter to be one of his assistants. Sure its only two guys so far, but if the rumor is true he is also looking at bringing in someone from the EYBL as mentioned in another thread, it is further proof that he wants a stable of recruiting guys.

4/15/2022 11:33 am  #116

Buff&BlueBandit wrote:

All of Coach Caputo's hires so far have been recruiters. He hired a Director of Recruiting from the NBA and then St. Joes lead recruiter to be one of his assistants. Sure its only two guys so far, but if the rumor is true he is also looking at bringing in someone from the EYBL as mentioned in another thread, it is further proof that he wants a stable of recruiting guys.

True, good spot

4/15/2022 9:58 pm  #117

Xavier transfer Ben Stanley tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs: St. Bonaventure VCU GW Western Carolina Charleston UNC Greensboro Kent State

4/15/2022 10:03 pm  #118

Florida Colonial wrote:

Xavier transfer Ben Stanley tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs: St. Bonaventure VCU GW Western Carolina Charleston UNC Greensboro Kent State

Value your contacts and research FC, but Jon Rothstein does provide more than the number of days before the start of the college basketball season. 🤭

4/15/2022 10:49 pm  #119

That was from Rothstein.. My cut and paste was not very successful. Was never claiming as my own. I have no insider info and never have

4/16/2022 12:12 am  #120

Florida Colonial wrote:

Three years ago, Ben Stanley put up huge numbers at Hampton, including 40 points vs Howard and a couple of 33 point games.  But he transferred to Xavier and couldn’t get off the bench. He scored a combined 42 points in two seasons there in under 100 minutes total. 

Will be interesting to see if he can regain his sophomore year form with more playing time, especially if he goes to the A10 as opposed to one of the lower leagues mentioned.

Board footera