GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2022 9:43 pm  #61

Re: Other Games Thread

He opted to go pro before the season started. I believe he's in France.

11/15/2022 6:32 pm  #62

Brayon Freeman is taking a step back from URI: https://twitter.com/RhodyWill/status/1592660061629075459

Last edited by GW0509 (11/15/2022 6:33 pm)

11/15/2022 6:36 pm  #63

11/15/2022 7:01 pm  #64

The tweet explains the oddly worded message.

11/15/2022 7:58 pm  #65

Would coming back to GW be an option for Freeman?? I believe someone here mentioned that Freeman is good friends with Rhode Island guard Ish Leggett, it looks like Leggett is the reason Freeman has a reduced role at Rhode Island. I'm surprised that he didn't consider that him and Leggett have similar games and the coach would go with one or the other, not play them together.

Oklahoma is hosting UNC-Wilmington on ESPN+ in a few minutes, maybe we can find out what's going on with Bamisile 

11/15/2022 8:27 pm  #66

Appalachian St beats Louisville! 

Louisville lost to Bellarmine last week.     Good one tonight  Dayton at UNLV

Colgate up 62-48 on Syracuse!  some wild upsets this year already

Last edited by The Dude (11/15/2022 8:28 pm)

11/15/2022 9:02 pm  #67

At the half Oklahoma leads UNC-Wilmington 37-21. Bamisile leads the Sooners with 12 points off the bench

11/15/2022 9:02 pm  #68

Future opponent Washington State loses on the road to Prairie View A&M 70-59.

They were anywhere between 10.5-11.5 point favorites coming into the game.

For those wondering why the heck Washington State is playing on the road at a KenPom #316 school, the game was part of the Pac 12/SWAC Legacy Series.  This series has already featured Colorado losing at Grambling State and Arizona State losing at Texas Southern.  While the purpose behind the series is laudable, it certainly has not helped the Pac-12's overall conference rating.

Last edited by GW0509 (11/15/2022 9:20 pm)

11/15/2022 9:54 pm  #69

Michigan St beats Kentucky, #4 86-77
In Double OT

Big upset win for unranked Izzo

CBS Sports has a good doubleheader tonight of A10 games.  Saint Louis has opened up a big lead on Memphis

Dayton vs UNLV next

Last edited by The Dude (11/15/2022 11:05 pm)

11/16/2022 4:57 pm  #70

I'm at the LA office this week and was able to catch the USC v Vermont game last night.

Vermont was up by around 5 or 6 at half but couldn't hold off USC at the end and ended up losing by 2. I'm always impressed by how Vermont maximizes the talent they have each year. They are so consistent. USC is off to a slow start but former Hopkins guard Andy Enfield will get them back on track to battle for the top spots in the PAC12.

Thinking about sticking around for Friday night when JC's former team (MT St Mary's) visits the Galen Center.

11/17/2022 4:09 pm  #71

UMASS beat Colorado, big upset - Colorado is an expected tourney team this year, UMASS picked near the bottom of the A10

UMASS let Colorado shoot two 3s in the last 7 seconds that would have tied the game.  Why don't college team foul up 3?  Hopefully we would in that situation not sure what Frank Martin was thinking, but good win.  Tier 1ish on a neutral court.

UNLV won that game over Dayton, Dayton was a mess without Malachi Smith, shows even a top 25 A10 team is 1 injury away in the wrong spot from a downfall

11/17/2022 4:42 pm  #72

As to Brayon Freeman, there is no way he returns to GW. Coach Caputo is recruiting top notch guards that will take us in the right direction. I hope JB decides to play another year with GW; if he does, we will be the most improved program in the A-10 next year.

11/17/2022 9:42 pm  #73

UMass will play Murray State, which upset #24 Texas A&M.  Saving the Minutemen from losing twice to the Aggies this weekend, as the woeful football plays at College Station.  As The Dude noted, it is a good win.  Neither team played well at the end.
Gapare entered the Central Connecticut blow out in his debut with about 6 minutes left in the game.  Went out in less than 2 minutes with a jammed finger.  Enough time for a steal and turnover though.  I don't know if the injury is  why he didn't play against Towson.  He played 9 minutes against Colorado with 3 turnovers and no points.
Besides all the transfers, 3 of the 5 returning players get a lot of minutes, especially Fernandes and Weeks, plus Dominguez.  Coincidentally, all from Woodstock Academy.
I haven't seem any comments on this but Derrick Kellogg is back in Amherst as an assistant.  
Isaac Kante (Hofstra/LIU) followed Kellogg a couple of weeks after he was hired.  Averaged 12 points last year.

Last edited by WMC (11/17/2022 9:43 pm)

11/17/2022 10:45 pm  #74

How does South Florida's AD still have a job? Their football team sucks and he actually extended Brian Gregory last year when the team was awful and losing to teams like South Carolina State. Have to think this is the end of the line for Gregory after the Bulls have already lost to SEMO, Stetson, and Austin Peay this year (Auburn was understandable). Definitely don't see them beating UAB either. Defense can only take you so far. It seems like he never recruits guys who can shoot.

11/18/2022 12:19 am  #75

VCU beats Pittsburgh, and that UMASS win, but an otherwise not great day for the A10.

Ooof, Brian Gregory didn't realize how bad things have been at South Florida.  If you look back at his Dayton days, he was less successful than just about every other Coach there.   Georgia Tech was a disaster.   I guess he's still living off of the "CBI Champs!"

Arizona St waxed Michigan by 25 tonight! Bobby Hurley after a turnaround had been sliding down, maybe he's got them back.   I'd feel a lot better wagering on Hurley than Brian Gregory!

11/18/2022 10:56 am  #76

Patrick Stevens@D1scourse 15. Hofstra's Aaron Estrada dropped a 27/3/5 line on San Jose State as the Pride rallied from a 14-point deficit to win 85-76. Hofstra is 4-0 for the first time since 2003-04 and is tied for the nation's second-longest road winning streak at five (Duke tops that list with 8).

11/18/2022 11:39 am  #77

BM wrote:

Patrick Stevens@D1scourse 15. Hofstra's Aaron Estrada dropped a 27/3/5 line on San Jose State as the Pride rallied from a 14-point deficit to win 85-76. Hofstra is 4-0 for the first time since 2003-04 and is tied for the nation's second-longest road winning streak at five (Duke tops that list with 8).

Nobody wants to read "good loss", but, Monday night was in fact a good loss.

11/18/2022 11:42 am  #78

Gwmayhem wrote:

BM wrote:

Nobody wants to read "good loss", but, Monday night was in fact a good loss.

Yep and they go up against KenPom 22 St. Mary's on the road tomorrow and have games against George Mason and Purdue on the schedule too.

11/18/2022 2:41 pm  #79

AT Hiker wrote:

As to Brayon Freeman, there is no way he returns to GW. Coach Caputo is recruiting top notch guards that will take us in the right direction. I hope JB decides to play another year with GW; if he does, we will be the most improved program in the A-10 next year.

I also believe Freeman would now have to sit out a year if he were to transfer.  The transfer rule change for immediate eligibility is only in effect for a first transfer which he has used up going to Rhode Island from GW. 

11/18/2022 4:48 pm  #80

Wow. UMass with an off balance buzzer beater 3-pointer to beat Murray State

Board footera