GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/28/2019 5:25 pm  #1

GW A10 MBB Preview

The Atlantic 10 released their preview of the men's basketball team for the upcoming season. Of all the previews to be released this season, this is definitely one of the better ones as it has quotes from JC and he actually talks about the players.

Main things I got out of it:

1) JC says that this year's team is further along in development than last year's Siena team. Part of this I would imagine is due to our team being more experienced in D1 (Siena was very young last year), but it is a good sign the guys were able to pick up his system quickly.

2) JC mentions four guys as potential weapons from 3: Jamison, Maceo, Justin, and Juice. I would imagine these guys are locks in the rotation since they can shoot it (of course we already knew Justin and Maceo were going to play a lot already). Christian wants 48% of the team's attempts to be from deep, even with playing through the post more.

3) He thinks Maceo hasn't reached his full capacity (I would agree).

4) He was asked about his ability to land stud freshmen PGs, and he responded by saying that he's not afraid to play them right away. I read this as further proof that Jameer is going to play right away.

5) JC says there is no dominant player on the team (that was somewhat of a concern of mine last year that there was no alpha) but he also says that the team is well-rounded.

6) He has glowing praise for AT. Perhaps the most important part of the article is the inclusion that Toro has two years of eligibility left, and that he was able to qualify for a medical redshirt last season. Assuming he's graduating this year, I think this team's performance will be big in determining whether he stays on or not (if he chooses to play that final year out). As of now, we don't have an open scholarship for him but one could always open up.

7) No mention of Amir, but I don't put much into that.

GW Preview Article

Board footera