GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2023 11:46 am  #581

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal Szn

I have a rule that I'd like to propose. A school should be able to comment and correct the record publicly when a HS coach, an AAU coach or a player/parent posts false and misleading info about receiving an offer from that same institution. My rule would eliminate half the basketball recruiting chatter on social media lol. This should apply to transfers and grad transfers as well as far as them listing the schools they "heard" from.

10/06/2023 1:56 pm  #582

What sort of lying seems to be happening in greater abundance Rising?

a) Player meets with team and is told that they are waiting to hear about a few others, so the school could be getting back to the player down the road or may not.  This in turns represents an offer according to the player.

b) Player is not told at all that there is interest by the school, but because they met with or spoke to the school, they flat out lie regarding an offer.

10/06/2023 2:02 pm  #583

Gwmayhem wrote:

What sort of lying seems to be happening in greater abundance Rising?

a) Player meets with team and is told that they are waiting to hear about a few others, so the school could be getting back to the player down the road or may not.  This in turns represents an offer according to the player.

b) Player is not told at all that there is interest by the school, but because they met with or spoke to the school, they flat out lie regarding an offer.

Hard to tell (maybe more a) but certainly some of each.

10/06/2023 4:12 pm  #584

Which category does Grasso/Bryant fall under - sending out hundreds of meaningless offers to fill a handful of spots? I mean it draws attention towards the school if you follow recruiting closely, but it doesn't do anything otherwise. At least when JC reached out to every high-ranking prospect during the contact period I got it from the standpoint of planning ahead when it comes to down transfers.

Anyways with Grasso seemingly in trouble right now for non-recruiting reasons the point may be moot. The Brelsford departure also struck me as being a bit weird at the time. I still think he could have played a sizable role had he stayed.

10/06/2023 4:41 pm  #585

Welp ...       [color=inherit]lang daddi kane[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/jlang20]@jlang20·20h Also, if Nelson is tweeting this, I have to imagine @Coach_Grasso11 is cranked up to the nines on some fresh Bolivian Shale driving around Rhode Island like Ray Liotta at the end of Goodfellas waiting for the other pair of @BryantUniv coeds’ panties to drop 

Comedy Gold

Last edited by GWRising (10/06/2023 4:42 pm)

Board footera