GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2023 2:50 pm  #21

8/28/2023 1:29 pm  #22

11/13/2023 7:25 pm  #23

Re: Welcome Garrett Johnson!

Garrett Johnson has been named the A-10 Rookie of the Week!

11/13/2023 7:33 pm  #24

Here's the hit from NBC 4.  Not anything we don't already know but it's always cool to see the program featured on the local news.

11/14/2023 1:40 pm  #26

11/14/2023 4:17 pm  #27

I certainly didn’t realize how bad his situation was until I read this article. Hearing that it was benign, and not understanding what kind of cancer this was, I certainly didn’t appreciate how truly severe it was.

I’m pretty confident that he’s now my new favorite player.

11/15/2023 6:02 pm  #28

BGF wrote:

I certainly didn’t realize how bad his situation was until I read this article. Hearing that it was benign, and not understanding what kind of cancer this was, I certainly didn’t appreciate how truly severe it was.

I’m pretty confident that he’s now my new favorite player.

This has to be one of the best stories in the nation!!!

11/15/2023 6:06 pm  #29

Another great interview

11/24/2023 1:18 pm  #30

3/07/2024 11:11 am  #31

He was playing so well before the hip injury. Is he done for the season or could he play in the A10 tournament?

3/07/2024 11:13 am  #32

Also pretty amazing how he has 4 rookie of the week awards like Jun without playing for a month.

3/07/2024 11:14 am  #33

In the post game presser, Caputo said Garrett is day to day and that he could potentially play, but he didn't sound very hopeful about it.

3/07/2024 11:24 am  #34

Thanks, DC Native!

3/07/2024 11:44 am  #35

DC Native wrote:

In the post game presser, Caputo said Garrett is day to day and that he could potentially play, but he didn't sound very hopeful about it.

I think that's the thing: CC said that Garrett *wants* to play but can't right now.

Not sure if any of you are following what's been going on at George Mason but there's a rumor that Keyshawn Hall is keeping himself out of the lineup so that he can enter the transfer portal healthy.  There's even a rumor he already has an agreement in place for where he's going. 

He's denied it and said he hasn't been playing because of an ankle injury, but it remains to be seen if he will give it a go during the A-10 championship.  Some of the Mason fans are joking that next year they'll make sure the final NIL payment is payable AFTER the A-10 tournament.  

3/07/2024 12:23 pm  #36

That would be pretty interesting and disturbing about George Mason if it was indeed true.
On Garrett, for both him and us, would love to see him play again this season.   
   But for Garrett and for us--and most important for Garrett's overall health, really nothing to be gained
from taking any sort of chance to get him back in the lineup.
    We greatly appreciate what Garrett has done on the court and overcome off it, along with his strength and courage, and hope he is fully healthy for next year and beyond when we really need him.
    There is plenty of time for the great Garrett Johnson story to play out at GW in the coming years.

3/07/2024 1:17 pm  #37

When CC said “he wants to play really bad, but he just isn’t right” I became concerned.

I recall JoeMac playing through some serious hip pain until he underwent surgery.  My understanding was that he had a prior football hip injury aggravated by a basketball collision. He rehabbed and came back with a vengeance to be the player we loved.

We have no specific details about Garret’s current medical status nor do we want to violate his privacy.  I hope he wasn’t playing through significant pain early in the season.  He is obviously talented and has a complicated medical history and agree that he has ample time to write his story.  Wishing him good health and a speedy complete recovery!

Board footera