GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2019 4:45 pm  #1

GW vs South Carolina Game Thread

GW plays South Carolina next.  They have a KenPom of 80 this is going to be a huge challenge.

Other than Vermont (79) I believe this is the highest KenPom on the OOC.

Do we see the return of Toro and the 1st GW game of Amir Harris?  Armel Potter starts at the Point??

Say a few Hail Marys, this one will be a tall order.

11/26/2019 8:00 am  #2

Re: GW vs South Carolina Game Thread

And Jair Bolden starting at point for SC.  I'm sure he'll be motivated for this game.  He'll see some former teammates, many new players and new coaches, and a university athletics administration he is familiar with.

11/26/2019 10:30 am  #3

Hopefully, GW will be a bit motivated as well.  Last year's game against the Gamecocks saw GW fall behind 18-0 to start the game, and 49-8 late in the first half.  Frank Martin called off the dogs and South Carolina prevailed 90-55.  It would be a nice goal to have a competitive match-up. 

11/26/2019 12:42 pm  #4

As of late Monday night, no TV posted on GW official site.  I have not checked the South Carolina official site.  Does anyone have TV information on this game?

11/26/2019 12:45 pm  #5

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

As of late Monday night, no TV posted on GW official site.  I have not checked the South Carolina official site.  Does anyone have TV information on this game?

SEC Network+ which is online on WatchESPN

11/26/2019 1:26 pm  #6

GW18 wrote:

SEC Network+ which is online on WatchESPN

If you pay for ESPN+, you have access to SEC Network+.
Source

11/26/2019 1:46 pm  #7

I have ESPN+ and just checked their schedule for Sunday and they have the GW-South Carolina game listed (2:00 pm tipoff).

11/26/2019 2:12 pm  #8

Thanks for informing us about SEC+ & ESPN+

11/26/2019 2:30 pm  #9

If I'm interpreting the source posted by SanDiegoColonial correctly, you can access SEC Network+ through your cable provider if you also get SEC Network. It's not related to an ESPN+ subscription, and looking at the ESPN+ schedule here, it's not listed as a game. 

*Editing to say it appears you have access with an ESPN+ subscription

Last edited by Hugh (11/26/2019 3:52 pm)

11/26/2019 2:42 pm  #10

ESPN+ is def worth the cost if you haven't bought it yet.  at least through March for GW fans.  

After a very light schedule we may be in for a rude awakening vs South Carolina, it will be interesting to see if we can hang in there this year.  It is going to be a crazy mismatch physically.

11/26/2019 2:45 pm  #11

This game has nothing to do with ESPN+.  Anyone with a cable subscription can access the game on WatchESPN which was formerly ESPN3.

11/26/2019 2:55 pm  #12

I found a link on ESPN+ FWIW.  I just did a search for "George Washington" , clicked on "show all events" and scrolled down to find it.

11/26/2019 3:10 pm  #13

My point was you don't have to subscribe to ESPN+ in order to see the game.  All ESPN+ subscribers will automatically have access to anything on WatchESPN. But, games shown exclusively on ESPN+, such as most of the A10 conference games, require a separate subscription.

11/26/2019 3:16 pm  #14

That's good. Between paying for ESPN+ and FloHoops, or the Erectile Dysfunction Network, getting a 
little difficult (would say hard, but don't want to offend FloHoops'primary sponsor) to keep track of online subscriptions for GW basketball.

11/26/2019 3:46 pm  #15

Thank you for all who responded regarding TV schedule.  I am relieved that we can watch Sunday's game vs. South Carolina.  I have likewise confirmed that you can access game by going to ESPN+ and doing a search of George Washington University.   As most of you may be aware, the official GW Men's basketball site posts the schedule with a TV and audio to the vast majority of games, but for some there is no TV link..  After South Carolina, the next game without a TV link is Vermont.  

11/26/2019 3:48 pm  #16

Thank you for all who responded regarding TV schedule.  I am relieved that we can watch Sunday's game vs. South Carolina.  I have likewise confirmed that you can access game by going to ESPN+ and doing a search of George Washington University.   As most of you may be aware, the official GW Men's basketball site posts the schedule with a TV and audio to the vast majority of games, but for some there is no TV link..  After South Carolina, the next game without a TV link is Vermont.  

Vermont's schedule says that game will be on ESPN+ as well: https://uvmathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2019-20

11/26/2019 3:49 pm  #17

You know, JF, Flo Hoops is about far more than erectile dysfunction.  It is also about hair loss and the Wonder Mop.

11/26/2019 3:54 pm  #18

For the billions of people on the planet who follow GW basketball but have not registered for this wonderful board, it would be nice if the University would update its site to add the TV links.  

11/26/2019 6:44 pm  #19

Wichita St up 26-11 on South Carolina (aka GW´s Next Opponent) with 7 left in the 1st. Game being played in Cancun and is on CBSSN.

11/26/2019 7:02 pm  #20

Wichita St 41 So Carolina 22 HALF. Jair has two points.
Anyone who shells out to watch the GW-So Carolina game behind a paywall beware, the So Carolina announcers are the worst kind of homers, the "colour" guy never stops talking and they have done zero homework on Wichita State and seem to have little knowledge of So Carolina (other than that the refs are against them).

Board footera