GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2020 6:29 pm  #1

Bonna game

away game, 7:00 PM on ESPN Plus

2/06/2020 7:38 pm  #2

Re: Bonna game

GW 29 SBU 21 at the half

2/06/2020 8:35 pm  #3

Tied up at 54 with 2 min left.

2/06/2020 8:35 pm  #4

SBU up by 3 with about a minute & a half left.

2/06/2020 8:45 pm  #5

GW 55 SBU 59, final.

2/06/2020 8:50 pm  #6

WBB managed to somehow make the men's loss look less bad. Outscored 22-6 in the final quarter to a 2-7 team in the A10? Sigh.

2/07/2020 1:41 pm  #7

Dr Mike wrote:

It is time for new women's basketball coach. 

You keep asking the question.  Have to say that I would fear a program trashing, if that were to happen. The coach is leaning heavily on the national team connection to keep the position.  You would have to bring in a proven coach who has local connections -- I would look to AU. Gebbia seems to be a reasonable coach in the JC mold. 

Diane Richardson is someone who I have enjoyed watching but right now, she is still trying to create a solid reputation and record. Maybe, in two years, she would be a good solution.

Dr Mike, I fear that we are looking at a future akin to the Hartford stay. I think that this is a sitation that won't fix itself.

If you watched the 4th quarter yesterday, it's hard not to suggest that you should at least be putting your hand on the plug to get ready to yank and  we should be puttiing out feelers.

Last edited by russianthistle (2/07/2020 1:42 pm)

2/07/2020 2:16 pm  #8

wonder if TJ would be a good coach?  We'd get a two for one alumni deal.

2/07/2020 4:18 pm  #9

Didn't Diane Richardson recruit/bring with her both Jonquel Jones and Caira Washington.  One of the great recruiting classes at GW.  IIRC Diane was a Tsispis hire and is currently the Towson coach. Towson has a 10-10 record.

2/07/2020 5:46 pm  #10

Coach Richardson brought in her former Riverdale Baptist  players Jonquel Jones and Lauren Chase as transfers from Clemson and Towson respectively. She is building a strong program and presence at Towson and is an unlikely candidate to be looking to move. As an assistant on Tsipis’ staff, she was passed over when Rizzotti was hired so spent a year as an assistant at West Virginia before getting the Towson job. GW graduate and former GW assistant coach Zach Kancher is one of her assistants.

2/07/2020 6:29 pm  #11

Guess I was wrong about C Washington.  Don't remember much about Chase either.  Old man's memory - or just bad to begin with?   Towson may indeed be a better place than GW for women's hoops for a while.

2/07/2020 6:51 pm  #12

Lauren did for the backcourt what JJ did for the front line. She suffered a debilitating concussion injury that delayed her first appearance for GW as she sat out the whole semester she was first eligible. Both players were instrumental in the team’s success.

Board footera