GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2020 2:35 pm  #21

Re: Other Games Thread (3/1 - 3/15/20)

St Joe’s currently up 9 on LaSalle.  A St Joe win means we avoid the play in game and finish 10th.  Let’s go Hawks!

3/07/2020 3:43 pm  #22

now st joe's up 1 with 4 minutes left. i'll remember this moment as the most i've ever rooted for st joe's.

3/07/2020 4:09 pm  #23

La Salle with the 1 point win

3/07/2020 4:09 pm  #24

Refs just sent us to the play in game.

LaSalle made two FTs to take the lead by one with 16 seconds left.  St joes missed a three, and fouled with like .8 to go.

LaSalle missed the FT, St Joe gets the rebound and tries a full court heave but a LaSalle player slams into the guy trying to shoot and the shot doesn’t even go 10 feet as the guy gets hammered.  Refs don’t call it. LaSalle wins. It was pretty clearly a foul that prevented a full court heave (which never would have gone in, but we’ve seen that kind of thing called against us). 

We could still beat Dayton to avoid the play in.  Lol.

3/07/2020 4:21 pm  #25

Depending on how you look at things, this might be actually better for us in terms of "advancing" in the tournament. Would rather play whoever the six seed is (probably SLU/SBU/Duquesne) than Davidson honestly. Either way I don't see us making it past Friday, but it could mean more total wins for the year. Would have been nice to miss the play-in game this year, but we had our opportunity to just win one of La Salle and Fordham twice but dropped all of them.

Bring on Fordham for the third time!!! We can't lose three times to them right??

3/07/2020 4:41 pm  #26

Hugh, I was rooting for St.Joe's too(even though I wasn't watching the game) so GW could avoid a 3RD LOSS TO FORDHAM on Wednesday night!!! This play-in game against Fordham is a huge game, a must-win game, GW can't end it's season with 3 losses to Fordham!!

Rutgers won in overtime at Purdue, so they should be safely in the NCAA tournament at this point. Purdue had a player miss key free throws at the end of regulation and late in the OT, he also seemed confused about the score late in the OT as Purdue was down by 3 with seconds left and he passed to an open teammate at the basket instead of taking a 3!! The last time Rutgers made the NCAA tournament was the 1990-1991 season!! And LSF thinks he's a Long Suffering Fan!! LOL

3/07/2020 5:16 pm  #27

HUGE win for the GW duo!!

Purdue had a 19 KenPom and that was a coveted road for Karl and Pikiell!  TJ too lol the Troika strikes! put your dancing SHOES ON GENTS!!  The GW Trio is Going DANCIN!!!!!

Baylor lost.  can Dayton take over Baylor on a the 1 seed line?   3 non BCS schools winning 1 seeds would be pretty wild right?

Gonzaga.  SD St.  and maybe Dayton if things break just right???

3/07/2020 5:39 pm  #28

That's 20 wins for Rutgers, in a super loaded Big10.  Wow. impressive stuff

3/08/2020 5:02 am  #29

Tom Crean lost by 30 points last night wrapping up a brutally bad second season.
I'm not a big fan of parting ways with a coach so quickly but I would have him on a very short leash.
Amazing a guy who is so successful at marquette has been such a failure at Indiana and Georgia.
Indiana is a program any good coach really should not have a problem winning consistently and big, still a Blue blood still has an incredible passionate fan base and great history
Georgia bit of a different story but just amazing for all the talent on that squad the last two seasons how poorly the team has played I would put a sell sign on the Tom crean coaching career stock. I've been a sell on that stock for 5 years now
in sharp contrast one of America's great underrated coaches Leonard Hamilton rolls on another incredible season ACC champions. Criminally underrated coach what a job he has done

Last edited by The Dude (3/08/2020 5:03 am)

3/08/2020 9:25 am  #30

Dude Lighten up on Crean.

3/08/2020 3:32 pm  #31

Texas and Georgetown have the same KenPom. 

gotta think this is Shaka'a last year in Austin.

Karl and Pikiell were extended 2 more years though 2026/27 I believe.  The Foggy Bottom Duo has massively turned it around on The Banks of The Raritan

3/09/2020 4:08 pm  #32

Collin Goss's Delaware team plays at CBS Sports, 6pm, in the CAA tourney

Goss is getting some minutes off the bench, Delaware's had a strong season.

3/09/2020 8:33 pm  #33

I saw some of Delaware's(they finished 4th or 5th) semifinal loss to the top seed Hofstra, and was surprised to see that the CAA tournament is being played in D.C. at the fairly new athletic facility where the Mystics and the Wizards minor league(G-League or D-League??) team plays. Is this their first year playing in D.C.?

It looks like Rutgers may need to win 1 game in the Big 10 tournament to feel safe. I just saw a segment on ESPN where they mentioned that no team has ever made the NCAA tournament with less than 4 win away from home, Rutgers currently has 3. 

Someone(The Dude?) brought up Rutgers(Pikiell-Hobbs-TJ Thompson) renewing the series with GW. I'm assuming that GW would accept a series of games against any Big 10 school, but would Pikiell-Hobbs-TJ Thompson want to play GW? It would be an interesting story if those 3 brought Rutgers to play at Smith Center. 

3/09/2020 8:59 pm  #34

It wasn't me! but it would be great to see that happen right?

Yeah why DC? I saw that too.  

Lunardi says 8 seed! someone is super wrong about this.  Palm has stuck to past situations, Lunardi  uses the resume!  we'll see who is more right!

3/09/2020 9:42 pm  #35

Sorry, it was Mike K who brought up the possibility of the Rutgers/GW trio coming back to Smith Center to play GW in the future. I think that's a great idea if Rutgers agrees to it. 

Jordan Roland and 6th seeded Northeastern have advanced to the CAA Title game in D.C. tomorrow night, they'll play the top seed Hofstra. 

3/09/2020 10:33 pm  #36

Totally agreed T, great idea Mike K.

Anyone catch San Fran Vs Gonzaga?
San Fran has had a really good year, their star is former GW target Jimbo Lull, he's a really good big.  Almost took down the Zags tonight!

The other Semi is on ESPN now #14 BYU vs St Mary  amazing year for the WCC, winner plays for The Zags for the title tomorrow.

3/09/2020 10:45 pm  #37

99% in for St Mary's per Lunardi,  if you are looking for some good games, this game coming up and the Champ Game tomorrow will be great theater.

3/09/2020 11:08 pm  #38

Didn't Goss personally kick our butt, especially in the first half?
Or was that a bad dream?

3/09/2020 11:53 pm  #39

What's interesting about Goss, like Cimino was brought in to be the stretch 4, we were looking to add.

As a 5th year senior coming off the bench at Delaware,  he's 2 for 13 from 3 this year 14%, and shooting 55% from the FT line.

Well, we now have the Stretch 4 we've needed for years:
GW Freshman Jamison Battle.

Board footera