GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2020 3:28 pm  #1

What College Hoops Coaches Like to Watch While Stuck at Home

Thought this might be a fun, somewhat basketball-related diversion from everything that's going on in the world. I'm pretty sure JC had some of most unique choices of anyone on the list!

https://watchstadium.com/this-is-what-college-hoops-coaches-like-to-watch-while-stuck-at-home-03-26-2020/

3/26/2020 8:35 pm  #2

Re: What College Hoops Coaches Like to Watch While Stuck at Home

JC's choices were interesting for sure. Probably the most unique of any coach. His choices for TV show and movie are good, but wouldn't call them favorites personally. At least he's more interesting than Ewing!!

Probably would have had a different combination from any coach on here, but the closest for me would be Dane Fischer at William & Mary (who had a fantastic first year in Williamsburg - the Tribe had a decent shot at making their first NCAA tournament this season).

There were some funny responses here. Joe Mihalich of Hofstra (a DC native who has done a great job and won the CAA tournament this year) had probably the funniest and most honest response. Honorable mention to the CSU Bakersfield guy who listed CNN as his favorite TV show (obviously not a show, but with what's going on right now it's again an honest response as to what many people are watching right now).

3/27/2020 9:59 am  #3

I didn't read every response but it appeared that no college basketball admitted to Blue Chips being their all-time favorite movie.  Perhaps it hit a bit too close to home for some.

3/27/2020 9:58 pm  #4

Gwmayhem wrote:

I didn't read every response but it appeared that no college basketball admitted to Blue Chips being their all-time favorite movie.  Perhaps it hit a bit too close to home for some.

The funny thing about that is Penny Hardaway (Memphis) who was in the movie chose a different one, while the other Penny coach, Penny Collins (Tennessee State) actually did pick Blue Chips.

Board footera