GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2020 3:31 pm  #1

Ricky Lindo

To GW. That's the word on the street.

4/10/2020 3:36 pm  #2

Re: Ricky Lindo

All the welcome to the Worlds most Powerful City  messages are going up on twitter.. So someone has committed 

4/10/2020 3:39 pm  #3

If true, I think this offseason has been an unequivocal home run in terms of recruiting.  While it sad to see folks transfer away who we've gotten to know and rooted for, the infusion of talent in the year plus we've had JC has been outstanding.

Last edited by GW0509 (4/10/2020 3:46 pm)

4/10/2020 3:49 pm  #4

Jeff Goodman‏ @GoodmanHoops 
George Washington has landed Maryland transfer Ricky Lindo, source told @Stadium. Athletic wing should be a great pickup for Jamion Christian & Co.

4/10/2020 3:57 pm  #5

Didn't seem to do much at UMD, but I remember hearing the name when he was in HS. Don't know much about his game, but he did average 3.5 rebounds per game while playing only 12 minutes a game. Sounds like a great get and I'm looking forward to seeing him with Bishop in 2021-2022

4/10/2020 4:02 pm  #6

Someone is leaving now, wonder who. hoping it's not JNJ, Battle, or Paar. 

4/10/2020 4:14 pm  #7

GW18 wrote:

Someone is leaving now, wonder who. hoping it's not JNJ, Battle, or Paar. 

Nope not those three. Guessing it's likely Langarica. Time will tell because we are one over in the scholarship department.

4/10/2020 4:17 pm  #8

I saw on Twitter that Lindo now makes it 9 DMV players (Asst. Coach Nima is using the hashtag #DMV9) on our roster but I only count 8.  Who am I missing?

Harris
Paar
Ball 
Brelsford
Brown
Bishop
Lindo
Stallings

4/10/2020 4:32 pm  #9

Yeah baby!    This is another great signing.

I expect him to succeed at GW.  He was stuck for playing time at Maryland, but actually put up great numbers in limited time there. 

123.4 (!) Ortg.   Over 30% combined rebounding rage (12.8 offense, 17.6 defense), 4.3 block rate, 62.5% from two, and even 4-5 from three (small sample).

His top player comp on KenPom is Isaiah Hicks, who won a national championship as a starter at UNC a couple years ago.

He will make our front court much more athletic, much more versatile, and  much better defensively. 

If the best players stay, two years from now, we could have a  rotation with Bishop, Jameer, Battle, Sloane Seymour, Lindo, Noel Brown, Chase Paar.   If Ball and Brelsford pan out, add them, plus Hunter Dean as a stretch 5 and anyone else we land.  Oh, and possibly Amir Harris is he gets healthy.   

A front court rotation of Lindo/Brown/Paar/Dean could be one of the best in the A10.

A backcourt/wing group  of Bishop/Jameer/Battle  with Seymour off the bench as a shooter, and possibly Ball and/or Brelsford could be the best in the A10. And if Amir Harris is healthy, wow.

4/10/2020 4:35 pm  #10

GW0509 wrote:

I saw on Twitter that Lindo now makes it 9 DMV players (Asst. Coach Nima is using the hashtag #DMV9) on our roster but I only count 8.  Who am I missing?

Probably Miles Gally

4/10/2020 4:39 pm  #11

I like the 7 foot wingspan.

4/10/2020 4:40 pm  #12

BM wrote:

GW0509 wrote:

Probably Miles Gally

Bingo.  Yep, forgot about him.  Sorry Miles!

4/10/2020 4:40 pm  #13

This is truly amazing how JC is bringing in players who will definitely help this program Raise High quickly!  Pretty impressed at how he is getting things done.

With that said, Welcome To GW Ricky!

4/10/2020 7:36 pm  #14

4/10/2020 9:02 pm  #15

Welcome Ricky and family to our GW Colonial family!
Family and friends can easily see his games, another of the many benefit of going to GW.

4/10/2020 11:32 pm  #16

Panamanian.  Keeps the foreign player streak that started with Jarvis going.  Wonder if he and Pinnock played on the same team.

4/11/2020 1:05 am  #17

Awesome news

4/11/2020 7:13 am  #18

Thanks for the info BM.  His parents are from Panama and Ricky has dual US/Panamanian citizenship.  Looking forward to seeing the Panamanian flag at the Smitty.

4/11/2020 8:06 am  #19

Great pick up for GW!! When you look at the videos BM posted of Ricky Lindo's high school highlights, you can see the great athleticism, length and 3-point shooting which made him a highly sought after wing player. At Maryland, he developed into a very good rebounder/post player in his limited minutes as you could see from FQ's comment. R.Lindo may have the potential to guard all 5 positions and play in the post and the perimeter at GW. GW's 2020-2021 team could be really good with Bishop, Lindo, last year's group of freshman(JNJ, Paar, Battle) and some of this year's incoming players!!

Lindo is also familiar with the Smith Center as he won the DCSAA(a somewhat newly formed D.C. state tournament that includes all D.C. private and public schools) championship on that floor when Wilson beat St.John's two years ago. So, Lindo's last high school game was winning a championship at Smith Center!!

Last edited by Thomas (4/11/2020 11:09 am)

4/11/2020 9:39 am  #20

He seems to bring some more desperately needed athleticism to the team.   One of my biggest concerns last season was how slow we were on both sides of the ball and in our offensive and defensive rotations.  The things that separate basketball teams at each level are generally size and speed, and we really didn't have much of either.  We seem to be upgrading in both.

Board footera