GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2021 7:20 am  #21

Re: Recruits

Thought we were at the limit, but I guess not. Frames is from Laurel, MD and attended McNamara.

PortalEvals1 @PEvals1 Jul 5
PG Kyara Frames announces transfer from Albany to George Washington. Frames has started 78 games over the last three seasons for Albany. 2019 America East All-Conference Third Team. 893 career points. Laurel, MD native returns home to play for new Head Coach Caroline McCombs.

We only had one double figure scorer last year, but it seems like the transfers we've landed are promising. Many either led their team or were among the leaders in scoring and all are above-average rebounders. I think we are easily going to be stronger in the latter category next year. Still not sure about shooting, but that should improve by default I'd imagine.

Sheslanie Laureano (Florida SouthWestern State): 15.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 3.2 apg, 3.6 spg; 43% FG, 28% 3-pt, 67% FT
Nya Lok (Midland College): 14.2 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.6 spg; 46% FG, 39% 3-pt, 70% FT
Sierra Bell (Purdue Fort Wayne): 10.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2 apg, 1.3 spg; 33% FG, 22% 3-pt, 74% FT
Tyasia Moore (Troy): 9.7 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.1 spg; 46% FG, 13% 3-pt, 72% FT
Kyara Frames (Albany): 8.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.2 spg; 38% FG, 36% 3-pt, 71% FT
Taylor Webster (UNC Wilmington): 7.8 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1 spg; 33% FG, 21% 3-pt, 62% FT

7/09/2021 7:17 pm  #22

Seems like we lack height.  Two players over 6'0"  - Faith at 6'1" and Haydon at 6'3".  Of course Taiwo at 6'0" rebounds like someone near 6'4" - hopefully she can learn to stay out of foul trouble.  Poog - missing  your analysis these days.

7/09/2021 9:31 pm  #23

BC wrote:

Seems like we lack height.  Two players over 6'0"  - Faith at 6'1" and Haydon at 6'3".  Of course Taiwo at 6'0" rebounds like someone near 6'4" - hopefully she can learn to stay out of foul trouble.  Poog - missing  your analysis these days.

Rebounding stats for the incoming players are actually pretty good. McCombs seems to be bringing in more athletic and physical players than we’ve been seeing during Rizzotti’s tenure. Can’t say we won’t have some problems against opposing bigs 6’2–6’5 in the middle but my sense is that our swarming defense will offset that disadvantage. We’re looking at a totally different roster with what I expect to be a totally different style of play. No way to second guess how this will all turn out based on heights listed in the roster. We lost inside players Brigham, Perea and Luma to the transfer portal but I expect that what we do have in the frontcourt will be better utilized. Hopefully, we’ve got shooters to provide outside scoring that has been spotty at best. Whitney will be hard to replace but they seem to have brought in several playmakers. Counting on a revitalized Blethen and Brown to spend more time on the court than banishment to the hopefully abandoned doghouse.

7/11/2021 3:34 pm  #24

Thanks to all who contribute to our (especially my) knowledge at the site.   We'll see how the new regime does.  I know I was pretty disappointed with the last one.  It's a shame we lost so many good players to transfer.   I would really have like Brigham and Luma to stay.  Oh well.    

7/15/2021 6:31 am  #25

Seems like we may have offered Qwanzi's sister

Qadence Samuels @QadenceS 12h
Blessed to have received an offer from ⁦@GW_WBB⁩ ⁦@CoachMcCombs⁩ Thank you for the great conversation today!

Other recent offers include Nyanna Robertson and Kamari Sims

B I T T Y @ballernya2 Jul 13
Super exited and blessed to receive an offer from George Washington University in DC!! 
@CoachGabeLazo

Kamari Sims @kamari_sims 10h
Blessed to have received an offer from George Washington. All glory to God! #GoColonials @TeamTakeoverGBB @rhythmdribble

Board footera