GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2021 8:17 am  #21

Re: 2021 Transfer List

Florida Colonial wrote:

Ryan Devlin just started following Ira Lee

I’ve seen enough of Ira Lee to have seen him make some really good plays.  Great rebounder, decent rim protector. 

Biggest problem seems to be that he’s always in foul trouble (though maybe that’s just how Sean Miller asked him to play as a big off the bench with fouls to give).  I’ll be really interested to see how he does with more playing time and a defined role, wherever he ends up.

3/12/2021 8:27 am  #22

Gerald Drumgoole is transferring from Pitt.  We offered him out of high school.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/03/11/pittsburgh-sophomore-guard-gerald-drumgoole-to-transfer/

3/12/2021 8:38 am  #23

Our old friend Terry Nolan, Jr entered the portal.  Looking to commit to a 4th school.   

One good thing about the no-sit transfer rule for mid-majors is that a school like Bradley used two years of a scholarship to get one from TNJ, instead of using one to get one or two to get two.

3/12/2021 9:00 am  #24

Florida Colonial, I believe there are reports that Liddell is only considering HBCUs, so I left him off. If I had to guess, he's probably headed to Texas Southern or Prairie View A&M, given the former school has always landed down transfers and the latter has had a lot of success in recent seasons (and both are in TX where Liddell is from). 

Good luck to Terry. Seemed like the writing was on the wall once he was suspended at Bradley (along with a couple other players) and never returned to the court. Hope he finds the right fit. I believe he also missed a game or two while at GW for a violation of team rules as well.

3/12/2021 9:14 am  #25

The reason I asked about Liddell is I continue to stalk the coaches twitter accounts

3/12/2021 10:06 am  #26

Ryan Devlin just started following Gerald Liddell.

3/12/2021 11:26 am  #27

dmvpiranha wrote:

Florida Colonial, I believe there are reports that Liddell is only considering HBCUs, so I left him off. If I had to guess, he's probably headed to Texas Southern or Prairie View A&M, given the former school has always landed down transfers and the latter has had a lot of success in recent seasons (and both are in TX where Liddell is from). 

Good luck to Terry. Seemed like the writing was on the wall once he was suspended at Bradley (along with a couple other players) and never returned to the court. Hope he finds the right fit. I believe he also missed a game or two while at GW for a violation of team rules as well.

Terry apparently got a raw deal at Bradley. Was implicated in something he did not have a part in and was cleared. However, the University acted rashly and harshly and there are some definite racial undertones. If I were Terry I would have got the hell out of there too.

3/12/2021 12:20 pm  #28

GWRising wrote:

dmvpiranha wrote:

Terry apparently got a raw deal at Bradley. Was implicated in something he did not have a part in and was cleared. However, the University acted rashly and harshly and there are some definite racial undertones. If I were Terry I would have got the hell out of there too.

Wouldn't surprise me. Haven't heard great things about Wardle either.

3/12/2021 2:20 pm  #29

Just watched some of the Texas - Iowa State womens's game  Good game, TOs killed the ISU team.   Didn't see one minority player on the ISU team.  Some could have been on the bench and not visible, but it seems so odd in this day and age.  Prejudice?   

3/12/2021 8:31 pm  #30

DMVPiranha,

Do you see us having any interest in/chance at Kuluel Mading?  I saw that he recently decommitted from Howard.  Maybe there's a connection with Eric Atkins?  

Last edited by GW0509 (3/12/2021 8:32 pm)

3/13/2021 8:20 am  #31

Would love to get Mading. He is the type of athletic big that this team could really use and alter shots down low. I think as of now UNC Greensboro is making the hardest push along with Wichita State. He's had some strong performances in recent months so other high majors have been showing interest as well.

So as of now I would say no, but with the crazy transfer market this offseason perhaps some 2021 guys like Mading will slip through the cracks and we will be beneficiaries of that.

3/14/2021 8:49 am  #32

Here's  one we can dream about, A local kid, but I wouldn't imagine we would have a chance. But what do I know.

Highly touted Miami Hurricanes freshman Earl Timberlake plans to transfer
Miami freshman Earl Timberlake plans to transfer from the Hurricanes, he told ESPN.Timberlake entered the season as a projected first-round NBA draft pick, but he dealt with ankle and shoulder injuries all season and played in only seven games. He will immediately become one of the best available transfers."I've been dealing with a whole lot this season as far as being away from home and ankle and shoulder injuries," Timberlake said. "I wanted to be there for my teammates, but unfortunately I wasn't able to. After some thought, I came to the conclusion that putting my name in the transfer portal is the best move for my future. There's nothing negative that happened. There's no bad blood with Miami. I just want a fresh start. I love Coach L and the rest of the coaching staff. I just want to start over and get a fresh start somewhere else."Timberlake, the No. 37 prospect in the ESPN 100 for 2020, was Miami's highest-ranked recruit since Lonnie Walker committed to the Hurricanes in 2017. A 6-foot-6 small forward from DeMatha Catholic High School (Maryland), Timberlake was expected to make an immediate impact for Jim Larranaga's team.He originally chose Miami over a final list that also included Providence, Seton Hall, South Carolina and Pittsburgh."I'm not sure where I want to go," Timberlake said. "I'm open to anything. I'm going in with an open mind. There are no favorites."Timberlake averaged 9.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists in seven games this season, and will look to regain his NBA draft stock and pre-college expectations at his next destination."I will not be entering the NBA draft," he said. "I need to get back to being the real Earl Timberlake before I can think of taking the next step in my career."

Last edited by Florida Colonial (3/14/2021 8:49 am)

3/14/2021 9:59 am  #33

Timberlake’s line about challenges of not being home certainly suggests he’s strongly considering coming back to the DC area. 

If he wants a chance to be the star on a team to showcase for the NBA, GW would be a great choice. At Georgetown or Maryland, he’d be fighting with other guys for shots and playing time, but here he’d probably have the freedom to develop his game and shine. 

Probably a pipe dream, though.

3/14/2021 11:57 am  #34

Maryland and Georgetown will definitely show interest in Earl Timberlake, both of them probably recruited him while he was at DeMatha(he was heavily recruited by Georgetown), but GW could have a decent chance because the injuries limited his production. BCS guys who weren't able to produce because of injury and/or lack of playing time are the perfect target for GW. GW can sell E.Timberlake on lots of minutes and not getting recruited over, the BCS schools who will show interest in him will not be able to. 

3/14/2021 12:50 pm  #35

But would Timberlake or any transfer be confident even with playing time that he will get to touch the ball with our Bishop Dribble and Shoot Offense? It has to be a concern. Frustration on the faces of Bishop's  teammates was not fun. JC will have to get Bishop to pass more.

3/14/2021 1:02 pm  #36

GW73, there was frustration on a lot more faces than team members about Bishop's play. Except for JC. No team basketball, just Me basketball. 

3/14/2021 1:26 pm  #37

Who knew we had so many great mind readers here? Everyone is frustrated with Bishop except when you speak to many they are not. Strange.

3/14/2021 2:27 pm  #38

GWRising wrote:

Who knew we had so many great mind readers here? Everyone is frustrated with Bishop except when you speak to many they are not. Strange.

Sorry. No way there was no conflict within the team this season and it had nothing to do with players leaving.

3/14/2021 3:20 pm  #39

GW73 wrote:

But would Timberlake or any transfer be confident even with playing time that he will get to touch the ball with our Bishop Dribble and Shoot Offense? It has to be a concern. Frustration on the faces of Bishop's  teammates was not fun. JC will have to get Bishop to pass more.

Terrible take.  There’s tons of shots and usage available for good players and most of them like playing with Bishop.

3/14/2021 3:34 pm  #40

It was a magical team-bonding year, even if it's not reflected in our record and what would seem like bad OOC losses, though they were actually wins long-term in team development. We beat Fordham twice! If that isn't a sign of hope, don't know what is. 
Sure, the last two years were rough, but developing a cohesive element of players, anchored by the Big 3 of Bishop, Lindo and Battle, will pay off in the future. The balanced team play, always zipping the ball around, enhanced by the offensive and defensive schemes and in-game adjustments that are our hallmarks is something to be incredibly proud of.
   Of course, there were a lot of challenges, but we have all these veteran GW players who have been battle-tested (so to speak), learned the system and are ready to now put into effect what they have learned from being on the team in the last two years. 

Board footera