GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2021 6:40 pm  #1

Transfers in the other direction...

Speaking of transfers.. 

Darnell Rogers has entered the transfer portal and has two years of eligibility (including 2021). 
Yes he's small, but he's a true PG that can create space for his team members. UMBC had a pretty good year with him leading the way (including thumping us soundly) at the PG spot.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31028260/umbc-retrievers-5-foot-2-guard-darnell-rogers-enters-transfer-portal

Although not likely, it would be nice to see him in a GW uniform. Article implies he would be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Last edited by xAC (3/10/2021 8:16 am)

3/08/2021 9:01 pm  #2

Re: Transfers in the other direction...

Eager to see what transfers come our way, every year we're going to lose some out going guys, now we have a chance to bring talent back

3/08/2021 9:24 pm  #3

Him and Chris Soddom (remember that 7' 3" guy) are trying to set a land speed record for most programs attended it seems. 

3/08/2021 9:29 pm  #4

We screwed with Darnell's head and his Hall of Fame family,leaving him in the lurch. 
  He was collateral damage.
Another shining moment for GW's recent basketball history.

3/09/2021 7:00 am  #5

jf wrote:

We screwed with Darnell's head and his Hall of Fame family,leaving him in the lurch.
He was collateral damage.
Another shining moment for GW's recent basketball history.

Exactly!  Over time what kills me is the institutional failure to resolve the situation that was boiling over for at least a year. And its not the first time GW got cute and thought they could finnese (sp?) a situation.

3/09/2021 1:52 pm  #6

I have a better chance of playing at GW than GW has of Darnell coming here.
Even if Darnell were to be interested in GW, is he really the kind of talent we want? We have had great success in the past with certain transfers (Zeke, Cav, Mo) but they were from BCS schools. If I were JC, I wouldn't be risking my future on UMBC or MSM transfers. We should use those coveted available spots on BCS transfers who may be looking for a new environment.

Also, I wonder what the current administrations views are on transfers. It used to be GW had to get transfers who had to meet certain standards. I'm sure JC has certain parameters he needs to work under when dealing with transfers. GW is/and needs to be very careful with their academic reputation, especially since our rankings have slowly declined over the years.

3/09/2021 7:54 pm  #7

Darnell Rogers was offered a scholarship, then Patrick Nero intervened with the admissions department to ensure he wouldn't matriculate. Facts.
Dooley, Mike Hall, Darnell Rogers ... GW Athletics simply doesn't respect its legends.

3/09/2021 8:46 pm  #8

Rogers was screwed over by Patrick. Zero chance he comes especially when our athletic department has yet to cut all of its weeds from that Era. Shame cause he was all set to play too. That season could've been another ncaa season. Now we get excited just to win a game. Having fun yet?

3/10/2021 7:45 pm  #9

Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits 
PORTAL: Bradley G Terry Nolan, Jr. (RS JR) has entered. Grad transfer. verbalcommits.com/players/terry-…

Board footera