GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2021 1:20 pm  #1

GW Starting Five

What's your predicted starting 5 for 2021/22?

And what does the rotation look like?

5/23/2021 8:13 am  #2

Re: GW Starting Five

Rotation is hard to say since final roster isn’t set, but let’s assume anyone we land at this point can’t contribute right away. 

The starting 5 depends on if Freeman is as good as advertised. 

If he is, 4 starters are probably locked in:
-Freeman and Bishop at 1 and 2. 
- Lindo and Ira Lee at 4 and 5.

The last starting spot on the wing and the 6th man would probably come down to Bamisile vs Adams.  I would probably guess Bamisile, but that depends (especially if Adams shoots it better and plays better D in practice, then he could get first crack at starting).   

Amir Harris would be the clear 7th guy in the rotation, if he’s healthy and back to form.  He is really a Swiss Army knife player / he can handle the point, slash, pass, and was our best defender before he he’s hurt.

I would guess Noel Brown gets most of the backup Center minutes, with Dean getting a few here or there when we need a more mobile backup big or a rim runner.

So that’s a pretty solid 8 man rotation. 

Players 9 and 10 are probably Nixon, if he’s able to contribute as a freshman, and Bryan Knapp.  Knapp could get backup PG minutes and play some ad a designated shooter/floor spacer.  All depends on his defense, but he’s an excellent shooter (over 40% from three) who led the Ivy in lowest turnover %, but he’s also a very low usage guy so it’s hard to see him initiating our attack.  I still think his skill set gets him some minutes. 

So basically:

- Freeman/Bishop/Knapp/Harris
-Bishop/Bamisile/Adams
- Bamisile/Adams/Harris/Nixon (or Adams/Bam)
-Lindo/Adams/Harris/Nixon
-Lee/Brown/Dean. 

Assuming everyone plays to their abilities and as a team, the biggest hole I see is at the 4 behind Lindo.  When he’s out of the game, we will probably go smaller with someone like Adams or Harris at the 4, unless Nixon is ready to play as a freshman (maybe he gets minutes similar to Brelsford this year?).

If add another transfer and it’s a stretch 4, maybe that guy gets the backup minutes when Lindo is out -  but right now it looks to me like Ricky Lindo is the guy we need to keep on the court as much as possible.

5/23/2021 1:10 pm  #3

I would look at something like this ....

PG - Freeman/Bishop/Harris
2G - Bishop/Adams/Bamisile/Knapp
3 - Bamisile/Adams/Harris/Lindo
4 - Lindo/Nixon/Dean/Lee
5. Lee/Brown/Dean/Warner

A lot of versatility and different lineups can be employed based on matchups. Small and quick or employ size.

Last edited by GWRising (5/23/2021 1:11 pm)

5/23/2021 4:26 pm  #4

I don't see a situation where Adams and Bamisile transfer here if they aren't starting.  So, I see a three guard lineup from this team.

G (primary ball handler) - Bishop
G - Adams
G - Bamisile
F - Lindo
F - Lee

Freeman is the first off the bench (playing 20ish min per game), and becomes primary ball handler, with Bishop shifting over to one of the guard spots.  Harris (if healthy) takes on the next guard spot, but I don't see him being one of the primary ball handlers. 

Dean is the first big off the bench playing 12ish per game.  He'll either sub in for Lee, or Sub for Lindo, with Lee moving over to the more traditional 4ish spot.  Christian seems to like the shinny new toys a lot more than the old ones and this seems like a team build for speed, so I could see Brown not getting a lot of run.  Him and Nixon get ~5 minutes per game, with Lindo and Lee playing close to 25/30 min each.

5/24/2021 11:39 pm  #5

That does look pretty solid. If those guys gel should be greatly improved.

What's the minutes breakdown look like?

7/22/2021 9:01 am  #6

Based on this graphic I think we now know 4 of the starting 5. Looks like it'll come down to Freeman vs. Adams for the last spot.

Last edited by GW0509 (7/22/2021 10:17 am)

7/22/2021 9:50 am  #7

GW0509 wrote:

Based on this graphic I think we now know 4 of the starting 5. Looks like it'll come down to Freeman vs. Adams for the last spot.

Link to the graphic doesn’t work 

7/22/2021 10:15 am  #8

GW18 wrote:

GW0509 wrote:

Link to the graphic doesn’t work 

Hope it works now.  From the team's ticket renewal ad on Facebook it showed Bamisile, Lee, Bishop, and Lindo.

Last edited by GW0509 (7/22/2021 10:15 am)

7/22/2021 12:19 pm  #9

Looks about right

Board footera