GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2021 9:49 am  #41

Re: 2021-2022 Schedule

BP, I am quoting Shakespeare properly.  Can't be held responsible if you do not understand or interpret the reference correctly.

The reference, just to spell it out, has to do with the fact that The Dude has accused me of something so frequently that the strong likelihood is that he is doing the very same thing he is accusing me of himself.

And this is exactly what has been happening.  The Dude posted under about 40 different names on the old board.  With new protocols in place here, he is likely down to about 3 or so poster names.  Yes, with the proper technology in place, it is my understanding that one can do this even on this board.  Interestingly, The Dude was a regular poster on the old board under a different name, a name he has decided not to bring to this site.  Which is a shame because that persona was at least nicer and far less annoying.

6/10/2021 11:35 am  #42

Once again, another thread get ruined by people arguing over fake names from a board that has been defunct for over a year.  This is why we can't have nice things.  BGF should institute a rule that rehashing personal issues from the old board is an automatic 1 month ban.  The annoyance all parties involved bring to this board far outweighs any positive substantive comment they bring, so I'm not sure how much of a loss it would be.  

6/10/2021 12:00 pm  #43

porter71 wrote:

Once again, another thread get ruined by people arguing over fake names from a board that has been defunct for over a year.  This is why we can't have nice things.  BGF should institute a rule that rehashing personal issues from the old board is an automatic 1 month ban.  The annoyance all parties involved bring to this board far outweighs any positive substantive comment they bring, so I'm not sure how much of a loss it would be.  

Agreed

6/10/2021 12:31 pm  #44

GWRising(or anyone else who may know), is JC looking to schedule tougher OOC opponents or does he want the easiest schedule possible? Even though GW will have lots of new players in 2021-2022, most of them come from BCS schools so they shouldn't necessarily be shell-shocked when facing decent BCS teams. The past several years, it seems like GW has gone into lots of games with a significant talent disadvantage, that may not be the case in 2021-2022. 

6/10/2021 12:57 pm  #45

Yes Porter71, another thread ruined.  I wonder if you can identify the poster who brought this thread down?  I wonder if you can spot the antagonistic post where this thread began to unravel?

Hint:  It's the same poster every single time.  Rhymes with The Rude.  

6/10/2021 1:15 pm  #46

Thomas wrote:

GWRising(or anyone else who may know), is JC looking to schedule tougher OOC opponents or does he want the easiest schedule possible? Even though GW will have lots of new players in 2021-2022, most of them come from BCS schools so they shouldn't necessarily be shell-shocked when facing decent BCS teams. The past several years, it seems like GW has gone into lots of games with a significant talent disadvantage, that may not be the case in 2021-2022. 

I think the answer is neither. I think he is looking for a schedule that will permit this team of mostly new parts to jell. It may not just be about the strength of opponent but about styles of play which will prepare his team for the conference schedule. Should this team have a successful year and there is continuity towards 2022-23, JC's philosophy will undoubtedly change towards a different OOC schedule. I guess the point here is JC is highly adaptable and doesn't have a set scheduling philosophy. Rather, I believe it is gauged toward the team he has and what they need to be successful. Last season was not a great indicator because of how COVID disrupted the OOC schedule and eliminated games against better OOC opponents like Tennessee and Virginia Tech.. Likewise, his first year was not a great indicator because many of the OOC games were already under contract when he arrived.  

6/10/2021 1:21 pm  #47

Gwmayhem wrote:

Yes Porter71, another thread ruined.  I wonder if you can identify the poster who brought this thread down?  I wonder if you can spot the antagonistic post where this thread began to unravel?

I think we all understand who and what is the problem here. I've been guilty of the same (responding to him) at times. But there comes a point when you should realize as I said to you once before ...“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.” - George Bernard Shaw. I just think this poster thrives on this and makes him feel relevant. Obviously, he wants some connection here he can't find elsewhere. Don't feed the beast even though it is very hard not to.

Last edited by GWRising (6/10/2021 1:22 pm)

6/10/2021 1:44 pm  #48

I am not Steve

6/10/2021 1:47 pm  #49

BP - The best thing Herve did, was reveal that Mayhem was also Blue Seats (and many other fake names) and showing the proof of that.  

From that moment onward, no one has believed a word Mailvan says, not that they did before either.  How do you come back from being revealed to be "your exact opposite viewpoint?"

A decade spent quarreling all day long,.. with himself, when no one else takes his venomous personal attacks and non-stop anti-GW nonsense lol.  That's some bizarre levels of depravity.

6/10/2021 1:51 pm  #50

GWRising wrote:

Gwmayhem wrote:

I think we all understand who and what is the problem here. I've been guilty of the same (responding to him) at times. But there comes a point when you should realize as I said to you once before ...“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.” - George Bernard Shaw. I just think this poster thrives on this and makes him feel relevant. Obviously, he wants some connection here he can't find elsewhere. Don't feed the beast even though it is very hard not to.

I appreciate this post GWRising.  As hard as it may be to believe, there are plenty of instances when I do ignore shots taken by The Dude and by Brian Paul at my expense.  That said, it is hard to ignore every single one of them.  I do realize that the board is a better place when I don't fight back.  On this occasion, Porter71's post read in such a way that I was being lumped together with The Dude and BP, something I truly do not appreciate.  Believe me when I say that in no way are the three of us equally responsible for any problems here.  I could guarantee that if those two individuals left this site for good, and did not return under different poster names, you would solve virtually everything that is wrong with this board.

Last edited by Gwmayhem (6/10/2021 1:53 pm)

6/10/2021 2:24 pm  #51

Nothing will end until Dude and BP Jenny are removed from this board.
They both seem to enjoy each other and like to talk about all things not relevant to GW Basketball so I suggest they share emails and leave the rest of us out of their lives. Maybe dude can share some recipes with BP or give him advice on how to get a 30 year old (Jack) to move out of the house and live on his own!

For the rest of us, keep the info on next years schedule coming.

6/10/2021 3:23 pm  #52

And somehow with all this bickering, we completely missed the A10 matchups were announced today. Enjoy!

https://gwsports.com/news/2021/6/10/mens-basketball-releases-a-10-pairings-for-2021-22-season.aspx

6/11/2021 1:04 pm  #53

Somehow this thread is oddly nostalgic.  Notwithstanding, whenever Barry is ready to pull the  plug on it, I am ready

6/11/2021 3:26 pm  #54

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this. I was searching the web today for any updates on the Kenner League and stumbled upon this story on the HoyaSaxa blog that I though some might find interesting.
40 Years Of DC's "Cold War"6/9/21 "A total of 6,800 feet separate the borders of Georgetown University and George Washington University, but it may as well be a thousand miles."
https://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/bball.htm

6/11/2021 3:54 pm  #55

From that blog post "no single culprit". WHAT? THE? FUCK? There is one, huge, chickenshit. obvious culprit. And the fact that he is now sadly deceased does not exonerate him of his culpability. Íf those wankers at That School Down the Street are too undead to look at their own refelction in the mirror, then they should do us all a favour and avoid posting crap on the Internet, too. Otherwise, they sound as deluded as a slack-jawed yokel in a red hat proclaiming fealty to "Q". You want to play GW? Schedule the (bleeping) game with no strings attached and bring it. If not, then stick it where the sun don´t shine... there are many, many choices for that second option to be found in the Evil Realm they call a "campus".

6/11/2021 5:14 pm  #56

Holy Shit.  Neither school has proffered the cause of this decision?  Talk about alt-history.

Allow me to proffer.  In the 1980-81 season, Bob Tallent's final GW team hosted Georgetown.  This was an extremely weak GW team which saw Brian Magid, Mike Zagardo and Tom Glenn graduate a season earlier and was led by returnees Curtis Jeffries, Oscar Wilmington, and a JUCO transfer named Wilbert Skipper.  Georgetown would not land Patrick Ewing for another season but was very much a team on the rise led by the backcourt of Eric "Sleepy" Floyd and Fred Brown, plus a talented forward in Eric Smith.  This Georgetown team won 20 games and went to the NCAA's.

Coming off of consecutive losses to nationally ranked teams in UNC and LSU, Georgetown had to be pleased to get a break in their schedule.  However, Skipper would play the game of his career which was almost but not quite enough.  GW lost 84-82 in double overtime.  One more game was on the docket between the two schools, the following season at Cap Centre.  Gtown won that won easily but the damage was done.  We had sent such a scare with the double OT loss that John Thompson vowed to honor the scheduled game against GW the following season and then end the series.

And this is exactly why the two schools have not played.  First JTIII and now Ewing are foolishly respecting his wishes. Coach Thompson claimed that his school had everything to lose and nothing to gain by playing GW, a notion that has today lost practically all validity given factors ranging from the importance of building strong scheduling metrics to recruiting now being more of a national game rather than a local one.  The next player who says that they were going to play for GW but will instead play for William & Mary because W&M upset GW, or anything along these lines, will be the first one.

Last edited by Gwmayhem (6/11/2021 5:17 pm)

6/11/2021 9:50 pm  #57

GWAA puts it very well,even a bit understated.
  Though surprised their fans had the guts to even wonder why,while ignoring the obvious answer.
And along with GWAA, GWmayhem nails down the real reason: sheer cowardice.
Oddly by someone who has been lionized, even here.
  The Cowardly Lion.

6/15/2021 1:21 pm  #58

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1404866823363964943

Source: GW and Radford will start a home-and-home series this season in D.C. Return game at Radford in 22-23.

6/15/2021 1:37 pm  #59

MG14 wrote:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1404866823363964943

Source: GW and Radford will start a home-and-home series this season in D.C. Return game at Radford in 22-23.

Good for recruiting southern VA i guess

6/16/2021 4:06 pm  #60

Well,hopefully we Raise a bit Higher in rest of OOC.

Board footera