GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2021 12:38 pm  #1

Joe Bamisile

Seems like a pretty cool kid.  I think he'll quickly become my favorite

And here is his website: https://www.phouelisi.com/flyaway
Paintings, merchandise and music

Last edited by Florida Colonial (8/27/2021 12:49 pm)

8/27/2021 1:46 pm  #2

Re: Joe Bamisile

Hey!! Love it Joe.Nice groove. More!

8/27/2021 2:18 pm  #3

That's fun!!  Great work, Joe!

8/27/2021 2:58 pm  #4

He allowed someone with a GE**getown sweatshirt on the video????

8/27/2021 3:06 pm  #5

In all seriousness, anybody know the back story behind the video?  In my technological ignorance, the video seems to me like lots of production hours and skill went into it.   I am wondering why it was done.  Was this a recreational project?   School related?    Promote the school/team?    Is this something he was paid for per the  NCAA rule changes).  I really did enjoy the video immensely and was quite impressed.

8/27/2021 3:16 pm  #6

If you look at his website or youtube account you can see this isn't the first time he's done this type of video. Remembering back to when he first committed to GW he talked about his love for art and music. Hopefully with the new rules he can monetize his passions.

Here is a news report from HS that talked about his passions beyond basketball

8/27/2021 6:24 pm  #7

Nice job.  Maybe the Smith Center will play it instead of that stupid Banana song

8/28/2021 6:43 pm  #8

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

In all seriousness, anybody know the back story behind the video?  In my technological ignorance, the video seems to me like lots of production hours and skill went into it.   I am wondering why it was done.  Was this a recreational project?   School related?    Promote the school/team?    Is this something he was paid for per the  NCAA rule changes).  I really did enjoy the video immensely and was quite impressed.

This particular video looks like a 'Man On The Street' type of thing set to music. It appears as if he has some experience producing professional looking videos, as Florida Colonial pointed out, because of the quality and the way its spliced together. The fact that Joe Bamisile included GW students and random people around the campus/city(including a Domino's delivery man) shows he has a tremendous personality. His NIL and post-college potential is huge(especially if he becomes a great player at GW) with the singing, dancing and outgoing nature.

8/29/2021 7:56 am  #9

Love it!! Hope Joe gets access to the electronic music studio in the basement of Phillips Hall. Was surprised when I found out the school had an ARP 2600.

Ira & Joe need to team up on a song soon!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTIeLLHhbij/

11/12/2021 12:34 am  #10

11/12/2021 6:56 am  #11

It was the #10 play of the night on Sportscenter. 

Wahab dunk over Brown was #5.

11/12/2021 11:15 am  #12

Absolutely love watching him and really enjoying his on court personality.  This is the kind of kid who can really bring some student body spirit back to Foggy Bottom. From his music videos to his basketball, he's so much fun.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but the last player with the personality to really be embraced by the student body and alums was Pops. Could he become the next "Mayor of Foggy Bottom"

Steve you said it perfectly, "anyone who doesn't like what joe is doing on the court hates fun"

11/12/2021 11:23 am  #13

Incredible!

What an athlete

11/12/2021 11:28 am  #14

11/12/2021 1:34 pm  #15

Awesome! should've been #1!

11/23/2021 1:37 pm  #16

In his first GW season, JoeBam is averaging 

14 points 7 boards 2 blocks and 2 steals a game.

12/09/2021 3:40 pm  #17

25 points, 10 rebounds, 11 for 14 from the field.

What an exciting, up and down player, looked fantastic against Maryland, invisible against BU.  Brayon Freeman getting most of the attention last night but what a game for JoeBam as well.

How do you get a player with that skill-set to be more consistent?  Quite a challenge.  Va Tech didn't last year, and he's been so up and down this year, but the ups, woah.

Averaging 1.5 blocks and 1.5 steals a game, was ranked top 75 in the nation for 20/21 HS recruits in the Consensus rankings:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/awards/rsci-recruit-rankings-2020.html

Moyer was #60, I think the 2 highest I've seen at GW.

Last edited by The Dude (12/09/2021 3:41 pm)

12/14/2021 6:56 am  #18

Made SportCenters Top 10 for his 360 dunk.  Gets us on the National radar 2x this year with his dunks.  Gotta be good for recruiting right?

12/14/2021 7:42 am  #19

1/17/2022 6:30 pm  #20

Wow, another all time great GW dunk today,

Have we ever had a guy other than Pops with these kind of monster dunks??

ESPN top 10 tonight??

Board footera