GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2021 8:43 pm  #1

Dayton game time change

From the Athletic Department:

Our men's basketball game versus Dayton scheduled for Sunday, January 17th has been moved and will now be played at EagleBank Arena on the campus of George Mason at 4:30 p.m. It was previously scheduled for 2:30 p.m. at GW. The game will be the second game of an Atlantic 10 doubleheader on NBC Sports, with UMass and Fordham tipping off at 2:30 p.m. Our women will also be playing at EagleBank Arena against Mason at noon on Sunday.

1/12/2021 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Dayton game time change

FWIW...Mason had authorized a limited number of fans (250?) at the games, at least at the start of the season.  I may be mistaking (I frequently am), but I thought I saw in a recent box that there were fans in attendance at a recent Mason home game, somewhat higher than the 250.   Hmm.

1/12/2021 9:15 pm  #3

Can we assume that this is related to the Innaguration? Since the Secret Service has moved forward its security period, is that a factor? Is the Smith Center again being used as a staging area for some aspect of the change of Administration, or is this more fallout from the MAGAshitshow? Or did GW want to make Dayton feel comfortable by playing the game in a suburban environment with four-way stoplights near the arena?

1/13/2021 10:47 am  #4

IIRC, the militia nuts are talking about doing something on the 17th. In honor of MLK I bet .  

1/13/2021 10:52 am  #5

Surprised the A-10 didn't just do the back-to-back game thing in Dayton considering we're playing there after this game.

1/13/2021 10:55 am  #6

GW0509 wrote:

Surprised the A-10 didn't just do the back-to-back game thing in Dayton considering we're playing there after this game.

Agree, and getting the team away from DC might be the least disruptive option.

Board footera