GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2021 4:49 pm  #181

Re: GW vs VCU Game Thread

The 2:00 pm mid-week start time allowed me to watch a game in real time for once (that's probably not a good thing.

Why is the dude quiet as a church mouse when we get beat? You would have thought we were on our way to a #1 seed in the tourney after that 2nd Dukes game.

This might trigger one of his famous meltdowns - regardless of whether we are up or close at halftime, the opposing coach always seems to make the better adjustments at halftime. I shouldn't be surprised since JC only had a .500 record in the NEC and MAAC before letting him run an A-10 team. Karl and ML were SO MUCH farther ahead of him in their 2nd year. And we have to live through this again next year, and the year after, and the year after that because we can't afford to do otherwise. Buckle up boys!

1/13/2021 5:42 pm  #182

VCU is a beast and always gives us fits, strong effort to keep the game somewhat within reach when it felt like we'd get blown off the court.

Best plus, Lindo looked like a real asset.  GW has 3 power 5 transfers, 2 of them with 3 year of eligibility.  Excited to see this team mesh when Battle returns, was not sure what to expect from Lindo, very pleased to see how talented he looked.  A little too amped I think and VCU is a tough 1st game.  Played with a lot of energy as did Moyer who has been a very strong addition.

One more thing, Brelsford looks like a player, he handled the press much better than Bishop and his 3 stroke looks pretty good.  The pieces are starting to come together but we still need to add a lot more talent. Team looks a lot better than it did 5 weeks ago

1/13/2021 6:09 pm  #183

What I am trying to figure out is how a team who had its 2 leading scorers that played, Bishop and Moyer, take more than half of our 59 shots and shoot a combined 9-32, have only 10 team assists while committing 23 team turnovers for the game can still score 77 points?

1/13/2021 6:10 pm  #184

Joel Joseph wrote:

The 2:00 pm mid-week start time allowed me to watch a game in real time for once (that's probably not a good thing.

Why is the dude quiet as a church mouse when we get beat? You would have thought we were on our way to a #1 seed in the tourney after that 2nd Dukes game.

This might trigger one of his famous meltdowns - regardless of whether we are up or close at halftime, the opposing coach always seems to make the better adjustments at halftime. I shouldn't be surprised since JC only had a .500 record in the NEC and MAAC before letting him run an A-10 team. Karl and ML were SO MUCH farther ahead of him in their 2nd year. And we have to live through this again next year, and the year after, and the year after that because we can't afford to do otherwise. Buckle up boys!

I wouldn't say KH and ML were so much farther ahead. Perhaps you missed the 27-point loss to VCU in ML's second season. That's no shot at ML or KH just hard to make the case they were so much farther ahead at this point.

1/13/2021 6:49 pm  #185

Post game press conference

Board footera