GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2021 10:41 am  #81

Re: More Good News Coming ...

They didn't have ESPN+ listed in the schedule, but I did finally see it in the little news article about the game yesterday.  Thank God I may actually find out about Rising's surprise,  I have been waiting for an eternity.

1/13/2021 6:04 pm  #82

Everything ok now BC? Lindo is going to help us.

1/13/2021 7:16 pm  #83

And why did this have to be a secret?  Not saying you decided that it needed to be a secret, probably the coach, but it still seems to be one of those many decisions that GW has to keep away from the unwashed masses.   I say it's dumb strategy.   He did look good for someone who hasn't played for some time.

1/13/2021 8:32 pm  #84

BC wrote:

And why did this have to be a secret?  Not saying you decided that it needed to be a secret, probably the coach, but it still seems to be one of those many decisions that GW has to keep away from the unwashed masses.   I say it's dumb strategy.   He did look good for someone who hasn't played for some time.

Agree, although the return of The Bone would have also been good news.

1/14/2021 10:26 am  #85

BC wrote:

So first of all I wasn't told by JC but rather by another player so I wasn't putting this out on the board.

But I can understand the rationale for JC. Why let your opponent know in advance? Just like with the Battle concussion, there was no advantage to letting VCU know beforehand that Lindo was playing.

This only dragged on longer than it should have because we had two games postponed. Had we played UMass last Wednesday, Lindo would have played then. I would not have posted it when I did if I thought the two games were going to be postponed. But look at the bright side ... this thread engendered much reminiscing about campus life in the interim that we might not have otherwise had.

1/14/2021 12:14 pm  #86

Speaking of the Battle announcement, I wonder if the day of timing of the announcement was what caused the move in the point spread from the opening line.

1/14/2021 9:11 pm  #87

GWRising wrote:

BC wrote:

So first of all I wasn't told by JC but rather by another player so I wasn't putting this out on the board.

But I can understand the rationale for JC. Why let your opponent know in advance? Just like with the Battle concussion, there was no advantage to letting VCU know beforehand that Lindo was playing.

This only dragged on longer than it should have because we had two games postponed. Had we played UMass last Wednesday, Lindo would have played then. I would not have posted it when I did if I thought the two games were going to be postponed. But look at the bright side ... this thread engendered much reminiscing about campus life in the interim that we might not have otherwise had.

GWRising, I know we don't see "eye-to-eye" on certain issues related to race inequality and ways to best address them, but I appreciate your basketball knowledge, your GW insights, and your willingness to carefully share information with us.  As far as I can tell, not many others have access to and share information like you do. ...DMVPiranha, I feel you provide the greatest scouting and post game analysis, I have ever seen anywhere. So please don't think I am dissing you because I would never...

GWRising, I also noticed that you were the only one on this sight (other than me) to recognize Kwanza and provide good wishes. So thank you for that too. 

1/14/2021 11:15 pm  #88

22ndandF wrote:

GWRising wrote:

BC wrote:

GWRising, I know we don't see "eye-to-eye" on certain issues related to race inequality and ways to best address them, but I appreciate your basketball knowledge, your GW insights, and your willingness to carefully share information with us.  As far as I can tell, not many others have access to and share information like you do. ...DMVPiranha, I feel you provide the greatest scouting and post game analysis, I have ever seen anywhere. So please don't think I am dissing you because I would never...

GWRising, I also noticed that you were the only one on this sight (other than me) to recognize Kwanza and provide good wishes. So thank you for that too. 

22nd and F ... I think you would find that we agree on the problem and the desired outcome if not the same means to achieve it. 

But thank you for your post and agreed on DMVPiranha's scouting and analysis.

Board footera