GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2021 3:41 pm  #1

A-10 tournament

The ATLANTIC 10 announced the Men's tournament will be moved up a week and now begins on March 5 or 6. What that means for GW is we lose the opportunity to schedule additional games that week and GW is likely to enter the tournament having played the fewest games of any team. Only Rhode Island and George Mason are currently left on our schedule, I think that is a shame.

2/19/2021 5:52 pm  #2

Re: A-10 tournament

I think it's a blessing. We can finally put this season to bed and prepare for next season. 
Next season will be 8 seasons after our self inflicted implosion of our beloved program, JC's 3rd. It's time to show results. If we are going to see a decade (which we are fast approaching) or more of SUCK, then the administration should just make the decision to move to the Patriot League or some other academic leaning conference (if one exists other than the Ivy League) if they would take us.
I watched last nights Vermont/UMBC game (to see Darnell and Mazzulla). What I saw was 2 AE teams that are well coached, play fundamentally sound basketball and could beat us right now 9 out of 10 times.
I hope I live long enough to see good GW Basketball again!

2/19/2021 7:29 pm  #3

You and me both JJ!

2/20/2021 3:13 pm  #4

We absolutely should not move to the Patriot League, that’s crazy. It would shooting ourselves in the foot.

Board footera