GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2021 4:39 pm  #1

Censorship

Just find it funny that I get banned for posting info I got from several highly credible sources (damaging as it is thought yall would like to know what's going on at GW) and yes I am the same skittles from the other board so my own credibility should speak for itself. Also funny in that things that were negative about one coach were allowed to fly (even one guy on here sexualizing another man's wife which I personally find sad and gross) but anything that goes against that (like when I warned yall there was more to the story and nero was a creep) or is damning to the current staff is automatically censored. Seems backwards. Anyway things will go public soon enough I just wanted to keep those who still care about this sorry program in the loop. I'll go back to my silence now, not much to say we suck and the light at the end of the tunnel seems miles away. One love!

3/01/2021 4:47 pm  #2

Re: Censorship

Skittles, I saw the post that got deleted. I'm debating whether I should ask the coaching changes twitter account about what you alleged!! I know they don't like Jamion Christian! LOL   But seriously, that was a pretty explosive thing you alleged, you know that's not gonna fly on most message boards, unless it comes to light at some point. 

3/01/2021 5:44 pm  #3

Skittles wrote:

Just find it funny that I get banned for posting info I got from several highly credible sources (damaging as it is thought yall would like to know what's going on at GW) and yes I am the same skittles from the other board so my own credibility should speak for itself. Also funny in that things that were negative about one coach were allowed to fly (even one guy on here sexualizing another man's wife which I personally find sad and gross) but anything that goes against that (like when I warned yall there was more to the story and nero was a creep) or is damning to the current staff is automatically censored. Seems backwards. Anyway things will go public soon enough I just wanted to keep those who still care about this sorry program in the loop. I'll go back to my silence now, not much to say we suck and the light at the end of the tunnel seems miles away. One love!

I would not use the prior board as any type of a standard for decency.  I was likewise disturbed by the now deleted post, which even if were true, I don't find to be remotely relevant to GW basketball.   I am all for open discussion about the program.  Any form of legitimate criticism is fair game.   I believe yours crossed the line.

3/01/2021 5:44 pm  #4

I saw what you posted as well but I fail to see what we as fans are supposed to do with that info? If it's true he'll get fired and the people that want to move on will get their wish.  Any other fallout would seem to be personal and not really concern the school or the program. 

I think Barry has done a good job allowing valid debate stay up on this board as opposed to TMZ gossip.

3/01/2021 6:04 pm  #5

I didn't see what Skittles posted (before it was deleted) but guess it was something about JC based on the reactions here.
Although I found Skittles to be very reliable and informative on the last board, I'm happy Barry is trying hard to keep the rumors and allegations off this board. 
You would think that if whatever is alleged is true, the guilty parties should be held accountable. However, with GW's track record, that's not always the case. Nero's conduct and attraction to young male undergrad and grad students as an administrator at GW was the worst kept secret on campus. GW only got rid of him after a recruits parents threatened to go public with the info. 
Therefore, I'm all for the monitoring of this site and focusing on the current state of affairs with GW Basketball, which is not very good right now. JC has 3 more years to raise this sunken ship (unless he kills someone or commits a serious or violent felony).

3/01/2021 6:12 pm  #6

I find it eminently fair and reasonable if some fans here believe off-court transgressions by GW athletics officials may somehow blow up the program and reflect poorly on the university. 

3/01/2021 6:32 pm  #7

Mentzinger wrote:

I find it eminently fair and reasonable if some fans here believe off-court transgressions by GW athletics officials may somehow blow up the program and reflect poorly on the university. 

This is why I inform. Dont know JC personally and have no vendetta against the guy. Sadly this was a heads up for more bad press

3/01/2021 6:34 pm  #8

BrianPaul wrote:

I was on double secret probation for 3 days!  (I'd explain my comments, but, I'll save it for now.)  But, I did call out the Skittles remark, and my call out was censored too.   The Skittles remark deserved to be deleted. 

Laughable considering your previous posts about Maggie Lonergan

3/01/2021 6:46 pm  #9

I feel that is is not good to post hurtful things like this.  Maybe it's true, but I doubt it.  And anyway, I don't know. But how do you prove it is not true?  Once someone writes something like this, it can take on a life of its own. I hope Barry removes it and updates the guidelines so that it doesn't happen again. Now, if news comes out that this is true, then I understand it would probably be permissible to write about it if the discussion was kept to a decent standard. But, to post something like this I feel is wrong and hurtful to so many people in so many ways. Just think about the people who get hurt. It's not just coaches and players. These people have families and go to church and have friends.  I definitely believe this is not appropriate to post about. If the press (who can be sued for libel) writes it up, then it's a different story (not that they are always right), but they have the threat of legal action and damages.

Please remove this.  Also, in a lot of ways, I feel the poster of this, and those who have contributed by saying other hurtful things should be ashamed.  It's bad on every level.  

Last edited by 22ndandF (3/01/2021 6:48 pm)

3/01/2021 6:51 pm  #10

I guess I'm glad I didn't read the posts.

3/01/2021 6:52 pm  #11

22ndandF wrote:

I feel that is is not good to post hurtful things like this.  Maybe it's true, but I doubt it.  And anyway, I don't know. But how do you prove it is not true?  Once someone writes something like this, it can take on a life of its own. I hope Barry removes it and updates the guidelines so that it doesn't happen again. Now, if news comes out that this is true, then I understand it would probably be permissible to write about it if the discussion was kept to a decent standard. But, to post something like this I feel is wrong and hurtful to so many people in so many ways. Just think about the people who get hurt. It's not just coaches and players. These people have families and go to church and have friends.  I definitely believe this is not appropriate to post about. If the press (who can be sued for libel) writes it up, then it's a different story (not that they are always right), but they have the threat of legal action and damages.

Please remove this.  Also, in a lot of ways, I feel the poster of this, and those who have contributed by saying other hurtful things should be ashamed.  It's bad on every level.  

Where was this sentiment 5 years ago?

3/01/2021 6:55 pm  #12

The Internet is home to plenty of crap (like what was posted) and there are plenty of places to ventilate said crap. Barry is right to keep it off this board.
Now if only they would hurry up and inject the George Soros control chip in my arm so I can make the space lasers destroy the plandemic and stop the lizard people from running Hillary Clinton´s paedophile ring from the basement of a pizzeria...

3/01/2021 6:55 pm  #13

Thomas wrote:

Skittles, I saw the post that got deleted. I'm debating whether I should ask the coaching changes twitter account about what you alleged!! I know they don't like Jamion Christian! LOL   But seriously, that was a pretty explosive thing you alleged, you know that's not gonna fly on most message boards, unless it comes to light at some point. 

Lol coaching changes is a joke but I definitely agree they seem to hate the guy. I'd apologize to Barry but there was no option to message him. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't have multiple people confirm it sadly. But yes I will wait for the confirmation next time

3/01/2021 6:56 pm  #14

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

The Internet is home to plenty of crap (like what was posted) and there are plenty of places to ventilate said crap. Barry is right to keep it off this board.
Now if only they would hurry up and inject the George Soros control chip in my arm so I can make the space lasers destroy the plandemic and stop the lizard people from running Hillary Clinton´s paedophile ring from the basement of a pizzeria...

Now you know good and well pizza gate is run by the Grey men the lizard people run the Twitter only

3/01/2021 7:25 pm  #15

didn't see the deleted post...but sounds like more drama may be on the horizon

3/01/2021 9:20 pm  #16

Skittles, I don't know you and do not remember you from the previous board.  When I "censored" you, I actually thought you were a St. Bonatroll who had signed up for an account on here, dropped a rumor-bomb (which I don't allow if they attack someone on a personal level), and then went back to your Bonnie ways.  My apologies for thinking you of the Bonnie Brown variety. 

That being said, there is a big difference between this board and the last:  I'm running it.  I salute Herve for getting the other board started and I didn't mean to kill the original GW Hoops.  I was sick and tired of the attacks, the rumor-mongering, the hatefulness.  I was done.  I created this to be an alternate for people who just wanted to talk about what was going on on the court, or with recruiting.  

But I failed.  Everyone came over here, including the rumormongers and attackers.  Some left for sure, some assumed new names, and some have tried to play by my rules.  But this is the crux: I won't tolerate it.  I've had to become the traffic cop trying to keep things running smoothly and in a way where everyone treats everyone else (including the coaches, players, and athletic department staff) like human beings.  Who have families.  And careers.  And lives.  

So, Skittles, and everyone else, as we enter an offseason where the only constant is expected to be change (transfers, et. al), I will continue to ban people.  The first ban is generally 3 to 7 days.  The second one is longer, if not permanent.

If you think I'm censoring you and you don't like it, leave.  Start your own board.  I'll even promote it for anyone on here who wants to go to a place where nothing is off-limits, where you can attack each other and spread vicious rumors (which they are until proven).  I hear GWHoops.com is available.

Last edited by BGF (3/01/2021 9:53 pm)

Board footera