GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2021 11:38 am  #1

After Further Review

There is one more topic which I wanted to purposefully wait until the end of our season before addressing.  Last Saturday, a poster named Skittles made a very inflammatory post concerning Jamion Christian which I will not dignify by repeating here.  At the time, I was quick to point out that on the old board, a poster named Skittles had "broken" a fair amount of news regarding the basketball program, including revelations concerning our former Athletic Director which Deadspin subsequently picked up on as well.  

It did not occur to me last week that the individual posting as Skittles last week could be a fraud.  This is despite the fact that we do have a regular poster masquerading here as several different posters, including under a name that had become fairly prevalent on the old board. Hint:  It's the one who consistently complain that others are doing this.

The "new" Skittles could in fact be this person, or maybe some other individual, but I have become convinced that this post from last week did not come from the original Skittles.  I've come to this realization intuitively, based on many of the subsequent posts that this fraudulent Skittles has posted.  These posts were entirely inconsistent with both the tone and type of content that the original Skittles was known for posting.

While my reaction to last week's post was not to believe the story hook, line and sinker, I was guilty of pointing out that Skittles had had an excellent track record in the past.  If this gave anyone even the slightest cause to believe last week's story, I greatly regret that.  I also applaud Barry's efforts to squash the rumor as quickly as possible.

As for the "new Skittles", I know Barry does not want wars here so I'll refrain from starting one.  It should be said though that it takes a special type of coward to anonymously come on a message board and say something that has the capacity to ruin the lives of several people.  Anything else the new, despicable Skittles has to say will be met with disgust. If you haven't already, I suggest you view this person's remarks similarly.   

3/05/2021 1:21 pm  #2

Re: After Further Review

BrianPaul wrote:

Plus, most of us know each other anyway. 

Actually, that's not true.  A few people know a lot of people on the board.  And a few (many) people think they know who other people are, but are incorrect.

3/05/2021 1:45 pm  #3

(Entire post removed by BGF as unnecessary and rehashing/accusing other board users of doing what this poster just did).

Last edited by BGF (3/05/2021 2:23 pm)

3/05/2021 4:17 pm  #4

Take a look at some other college basketball fan boards - for example, Terrapintimes.

It's not a surprise to anyone that this board has a following of around 15-20 regulars with the lack of interest shown by GW Administration, GW student body and GW alumni. Even Mason's board is robust and they haven't been very good for a long time. The difference between their boards and this one is people are allowed to voice their opinions (within reason) without having someone decide when it's been discussed enough. The Terps fans have hundreds of pages talking about getting rid of Turgeon - maybe you should give them a call Barry and tell them to shut that thread down!

Go ahead and keep censoring the few fans GW has left. Let's only talk about how great our recruits are each year, only to leave the program or underperform during the season. Really looking forward to hear how great we do at Kenner again (like we do every year). 

I know it's hard to hear and it's not Pollyana, but we suck and there's nothing that's going to change in the near future, as long as we have an AD and head coach who were unqualified for the job.

But that's OK. We want a board where 50% of the posts are done by 3 people who have nothing but time to post 10-20 times a day.

At least we college basketball junkies still have the Terps to root for this season!

3/05/2021 4:25 pm  #5

Terps lol. Didn't they just lose to a shitty Northwestern team? Better worry about beating crappy Penn State if you want a team to root for much longer. 

Barry is 100% doing the right thing. No need to allow a thread to continually go this direction. There is another thread that addresses all of the past mistakes of GW feel free to go there and repeat ad nauseum every past mistake GW has made for which none of the people currently at GW (AD and coach) had any responsibility for.

3/05/2021 6:10 pm  #6

Everyone has the Terps in the tourney. Must be because they didn't lose to Hampton.
GW may want to look at Turgeon as a possible replacement for JC. He's got kids in school in the area and is certainly "qualified" to coach in the A-10 - His winning percentage is higher than .500.
We are stuck with JC (and our AD) for the next 3 years because we can't afford to replace them and there is no GWHoops highrollers willing or able to cover the buyout. Let's hope we are still in the A-10 and Div-1 by then. Until then, there's always Maryland to cheer for. 

3/05/2021 9:41 pm  #7

Time will tell if Skittles allegations are right, we'll just have to wait and see. Up to this point, we haven't heard anything that bad about Jamion Christian or the program except for the occasional cheap shot from @CoachingChanges(LOL), so we can just move forward with the typical offseason activity(who's leaving, who's coming in, monitoring the transfer market, Kenner League updates if it's played, etc.)

About Mark Turgeon, if this helps, @CoachingChanges seems to hate Turgeon a lot worse than they do Jamion Christian!! If you don't like Maryland or Mark Turgeon, you may enjoy reading Coaching Changes twitter feed. Maryland appeared to be playing like one of the best teams in the Big 10 until they got beat by Northwestern a few days ago, I'm not sure what happened there. Georgetown has been playing very well since they returned from a 3 week COVID pause, maybe you can root for them in their game at UConn tomorrow and then the Big East tournament?? 

3/06/2021 12:48 am  #8

Joel Joseph wrote:

The difference between their boards and this one is people are allowed to voice their opinions (within reason) without having someone decide when it's been discussed enough. The Terps fans have hundreds of pages talking about getting rid of Turgeon - maybe you should give them a call Barry and tell them to shut that thread down!

Go ahead and keep censoring the few fans GW has left. Let's only talk about how great our recruits are each year, only to leave the program or underperform during the season. Really looking forward to hear how great we do at Kenner again (like we do every year). 

I know it's hard to hear and it's not Pollyana, but we suck and there's nothing that's going to change in the near future, as long as we have an AD and head coach who were unqualified for the job.

But that's OK. We want a board where 50% of the posts are done by 3 people who have nothing but time to post 10-20 times a day.

At least we college basketball junkies still have the Terps to root for this season!

Love your perception of my actions, JJ.  I have no problem with allowing conversations to go on forever, and I will and do let them be.  I just won't let a thread go on that has devolved into personal attacks or unsubstantiated and mean-spirited  rumors.  

If that's censorship, so be it.  I call it human decency.

Last edited by BGF (3/06/2021 12:49 am)

Board footera