GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2021 11:21 am  #1

Squares

Folks, I've gone back and forth on whether to post this, and you'll understand why in a moment.

For many years I've run various NCAA tournament pools and this year I'd like to invite you to join if interested.  The caveat is that you will lose your anonymity with me, as I won't let anyone join who I don't know who they are. 

But if you're interested, please email me at feilevents@gmail.com and tell me you are from the GW Hoops board.  

The details:
1. This is not a pick the winner pool.  Rather it's a squares pool.  For each square you purchase, you'll be randomly assigned two numbers (just like a Super Bowl Squares pool).  The difference is that instead of being for just one game, the numbers you have are yours for every one of the 63 games (excludes the First Four).  100 squares, 63 winners.  

2. If you join, you can have multiple squares, and I'll assign them to you such that you won't have any that are in the same column or row as another one of your squares.

3. Your board user name won't be included on the final grid sheet (which I'll send out once the numbers have been drawn).  However, since I don't know most of you in "real life," I will want to know who you are if you're joining.  So if you don't want me to know who you are, don't play.

I'm not including anything about the cost here, but will in an email response if you reach out.

That's it...thanks.

3/16/2021 9:43 am  #2

Re: Squares

Good idea and please extend the same idea to the only site for GW fans

One human, one poster name. 

That way the board administrator can actually oversee a good board, not a troll farm and one man anti-GW "fire everyone" propaganda campaign.

One voice per person

3/16/2021 9:54 am  #3

Dude, you've made your point over and over.  If I had the ability, I would do that.  But I don't.  This platform doesn't have that ability and this is not my job.  It's a hobby I'm ready to quit.  Literally.

So, Dude, you have a choice.  Since you've brought this up here because you clearly don't like my response so far, I'll answer it right here.  

You, and every person on this board, have a choice.  Accept it the way it is, allowing people to be anonymous, or move on and start your own board.  I literally will promote any other GW board that might pop up.  I won't be insulted if anyone does this.

I will add that this site has the ability for me to require every post, every response, every action, to be approved by me.  And I'd be happy to do this IF IT WERE MY JOB.  But it's not, and I won't.

Now, before you take this thread and turn it into a rehashing of the same argument instead of what the thread was about, let's talk about the topic.

If you would like to get into the Squares contest, please email me at feilevents@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Barry

3/16/2021 10:06 am  #4

You can in fact. If a name can't be matched to a real person the name goes away, quite simple and the site does allow you to do that.

If you're unwlilling to do that I'd highly recommend pulling the plug, for your own sake, and the University.

And good luck with the squares

3/16/2021 11:22 am  #5

I appreciate the recommendation, Dude.  Thanks for the advice to pull the plug.

(Thinking...)

(Thinking more...)

(Still thinking...)

Nope, I don't have the time, energy, or inclination to require or match people to a real name, and I'm going to keep it going. 

I started this to get back to receiving good information from those in the know, or those who have opinions, or those who are like me...huge fan but unable/unwilling to offer up a lot of useful info.  But I like to read it and sometimes comment.

Again, because the thing that bothers me most about this board aren't multi-users is when threads go completely off-topic, have you heard about this Squares Contest?

3/16/2021 12:04 pm  #6

Barry, I applaud you for your patience. 
Instead of pulling the plug, why don't you "pull the plug" on dude and brian paul before they completely destroy this 2nd iteration of a GW fan board (frequently suggested by many).
We have lost so many good fans (Poog, Bobo, MV, Mentz to name just a few) because of them.
This board has prevented both of them from using different names daily to bolster their crazy opinions which is why they are now isolated and exposed.
Do it and watch the others come back.

3/16/2021 1:07 pm  #7

Again, I thank you for your recommendation.  The problem is not them. It's not you.  It's all of you.  Everyone says what they want, but nobody is willing to stop being abusive, abrasive, and otherwise all-together not nice.

I'm not trying to ban any of you, because I'd have to ban all of you.

So, how about that Squares Contest?
(See, staying on topic is better than hijacking threads)

3/16/2021 3:28 pm  #8

Barry

Thanks for keeping this sane and keeping a board that I can read for updates.

Appreciate the squares but I will pass this time around.

Thanks again

Pat

Board footera