GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2021 11:31 am  #1

Indiana Will Buy Out Archie Miller

Indiana has become to basketball what Nebraska has become to football.  Artificially high standards for a program who can no longer meet them.  $10 million buyout to be paid for by a booster (am looking at you Mark) or boosters.

Last edited by Gwmayhem (3/15/2021 11:32 am)

3/15/2021 11:34 am  #2

Re: Indiana Will Buy Out Archie Miller

My favorite part is that Indiana characterized the buyout as "private philanthropic funding" as if it's akin to a donation to the American Red Cross.

3/15/2021 12:00 pm  #3

Archie Miller, off 4 straight  NCAA trips for Dayton, and 4 NCAA tourney wins to 33-43 in Big 10 play won't cut it, Tom Crean went 71-91 at Indiana, which also doesn't cut it. 

Crean is now 14-40 at Georgia, probably time for another buyout there too.

Maybe if you are winning big at some place like Dayton  or Marquette, say put and keep on winning.  

3/15/2021 12:08 pm  #4

The Big 10-- where coaches who coverup child molestation at the Ohio St wrestling program get elected to Congress, where coaches who coverup child rape in the football locker room at Penn St have statues of them erected on campus, where COVID deaths are so unimportant that a crappy Nebraska team can force the entire league to resume the football season, where the pysical therapist at Michigan State can sexually abuse not only his own school´s gymnasts but Olympians and the school response is to cc: attorneys on all emails so they cannot be subject to subpoena (and then have the genius who came up with that idea be offered a job at GW!), and now where buying out a crummy Indiana basketball coach´s contract is considered "charity". Do any schools in flyover country offer Ethics courses?

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (3/15/2021 12:14 pm)

3/15/2021 12:15 pm  #5

GWAA, a bit harsh, but perhaps fully honest and true.

3/15/2021 1:33 pm  #6

The Dude wrote:

Archie Miller, off 4 straight  NCAA trips for Dayton, and 4 NCAA tourney wins to 33-43 in Big 10 play won't cut it, Tom Crean went 71-91 at Indiana, which also doesn't cut it. 

Maybe if you are winning big at some place like Dayton  or Marquette, say put and keep on winning.  

Do you just constantly make shit up here to try and prove your weak points?

Crean was not 71-91 at Indiana, he was 166-135.  Started with a total rebuild after the Kelvin Sampson mess which resulted in a three year probationary period.  Subtract those three years where the school was ineligible to make the NCAA's and Crean's record was 138-69.  This includes three trips to the Sweet 16 over a five year period.  Archie Miller took a grand total of zero Indiana teams to the NCAA's.  Anyone who sees similarities between Crean's run at Indiana and Miller's run at Indiana must have some agenda for reasons that are very hard to see.

3/15/2021 1:41 pm  #7

Gwmayhem wrote:

The Dude wrote:

Do you just constantly make shit up here to try and prove your weak points?

Crean was not 71-91 at Indiana, he was 166-135.  Started with a total rebuild after the Kelvin Sampson mess which resulted in a three year probationary period.  Subtract those three years where the school was ineligible to make the NCAA's and Crean's record was 138-69.  This includes three trips to the Sweet 16 over a five year period.  Archie Miller took a grand total of zero Indiana teams to the NCAA's.  Anyone who sees similarities between Crean's run at Indiana and Miller's run at Indiana must have some agenda for reasons that are very hard to see.

Seems pretty clear he’s referencing the record in conference, not overall.

3/15/2021 1:51 pm  #8

Correct FQ, it states in league play  "33-43 in Big 10 play won't cut it, Tom Crean went 71-91 at Indiana, which also doesn't cut it." 

We all know the Mailvan persona exists on the board for personal insults, the question is Barry, why is it allowed?  

3/15/2021 2:18 pm  #9

FQ, nothing dude and his sidekick say's is clear.
The few fans GW has left come to this sight to get reliable info from posters like Mayhem, not available elsewhere. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. Only propping up JC, Carm and even Karl Hobbs - the agenda Mayhem was talking about.
BTW FQ, back in the Hobbs days, weren't you one of the contributors to the "firekarlhobbs.com" site? I loved visiting that site, especially with the satire involving "6 men on the court" incidents.

3/15/2021 2:50 pm  #10

Joel Joseph wrote:

FQ, nothing dude and his sidekick say's is clear.
The few fans GW has left come to this sight to get reliable info from posters like Mayhem, not available elsewhere. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. Only propping up JC, Carm and even Karl Hobbs - the agenda Mayhem was talking about.
BTW FQ, back in the Hobbs days, weren't you one of the contributors to the "firekarlhobbs.com" site? I loved visiting that site, especially with the satire involving "6 men on the court" incidents.

No.  Never part of that site. You must have me confused with someone else.

3/15/2021 3:22 pm  #11

FQ, this guy is carrying on a 6 year old "Debate"  

in 2015 I said Crean was underperforming and would be replaced at Indiana, Mailvan was very upset about that and began a series of personal attacks.   Well Crean has been fired and now his successor Archie Miller has too - and Crean is about to be fired yet again.  

So, more personal attacks.  on a college hoops message fan site. More names, more personal attacks. The nonsense about James Bishop, e.g,  the constant efforts to have every GW Coach fired or on a hot seat as soon as they have the job, the every evolvoing collection of attack dog names and contrived nonsense.... How about 1 man 1 name, and no personal attacks? 

FQ, surely you recall that person actually spent years arguing to never replace Hobbs, spent the first 2 years of ML trying to push for his firing, and the last 2 for JC.  The names constantly change, there's always some attack dog rushing in to attack posters, and some bizarro agenda 

Would be good if there was some Administration to prevent that, at last huh?

Last edited by The Dude (3/15/2021 3:28 pm)

3/15/2021 4:10 pm  #12

The Dude wrote:

FQ, this guy is carrying on a 6 year old "Debate"  

in 2015 I said Crean was underperforming and would be replaced at Indiana, Mailvan was very upset about that and began a series of personal attacks.   Well Crean has been fired and now his successor Archie Miller has too - and Crean is about to be fired yet again.  

So, more personal attacks.  on a college hoops message fan site. More names, more personal attacks. The nonsense about James Bishop, e.g,  the constant efforts to have every GW Coach fired or on a hot seat as soon as they have the job, the every evolvoing collection of attack dog names and contrived nonsense.... How about 1 man 1 name, and no personal attacks? 

FQ, surely you recall that person actually spent years arguing to never replace Hobbs, spent the first 2 years of ML trying to push for his firing, and the last 2 for JC.  The names constantly change, there's always some attack dog rushing in to attack posters, and some bizarro agenda 

Would be good if there was some Administration to prevent that, at last huh?

I think I'd be insulting psychotics by calling you one.  There are more lies in that last post which I will not waste my time dignifying with a response.

There is one intriguing question which does remain.  If we did go to one man, one name, what would you possibly do with all of the free time you would suddenly have from not posting as countless others?

3/15/2021 4:26 pm  #13

Are there any job openings in the A10 besides Fordham?? I don't think Archie will take the Fordham job, but it seems logical that Archie's next head coaching job will be back to a conference like the A10. 

3/15/2021 4:50 pm  #14

Sorry FQ - confusing you with another old poster.
Anyhow, I would give anything to go back in time to the Hobbs era right now, even his last 2 years compared to the last 5 now.

3/16/2021 7:19 pm  #15

Indiana has never fully recovered from Bobby Knight's player abuse firing scandal.  

We're mired in our own slow recovery from a similar disaster.  

Board footera