GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 12:35 pm  #121

Re: 2021 NCAA Tournament

No Coach in the 21st century has more exceeded the level of program with results as Few has, not even close.

Brad Stevens in his Butler years is in the #2 spot, short lived as it was. Bo Ryan's run at Wisconsin, perhaps in the #3 spot.

Few's 2 decade run of rock consistent, every ascending success in Spokane WA, is one of the great runs in the history of the sport

Last edited by The Dude (4/07/2021 12:56 pm)

4/07/2021 1:40 pm  #122

I leave for a week and look what happens.

Dumb (Dude) and dumber (Brian Paul Jenny) at it again. Welcome to my world.

Mayhem, please tell me how to block Brian Paul's messages - now, I just don't bother looking at them because nobody else sends PM's on this board.

Rising, it seems like another good player enters the transfer portal every day so we may still pick up a good transfer or 2. With all the turmoil in the coaching ranks (today it was Arizona) there may be a few 2021 de-commits that become available.

4/07/2021 1:53 pm  #123

The Dude wrote:

No Coach in the 21st century has more exceeded the level of program with results as Few has, not even close.

Brad Stevens in his Butler years is in the #2 spot, short lived as it was. Bo Ryan's run at Wisconsin, perhaps in the #3 spot.

Few's 2 decade run of rock consistent, every ascending success in Spokane WA, is one of the great runs in the history of the sport

I am confused. Wisconsin is no longer a Power 5 school that had appeared in the 2000 Final Four with Bennett as coach? 

Helps when you run up a gaudy conference record every year in the WCC. Not so much when you are trying to win National Championships. Two Final Four appearances in 20+ years with no championships. 

Last edited by GWRising (4/07/2021 1:54 pm)

4/07/2021 2:19 pm  #124

Mark Few greatest coach ever? How about Mark Few is an outstanding coach. That makes more sense.
And here's a stat.
Mark Few: 0-8 vs. No. 1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament. Just sayin"

4/07/2021 11:15 pm  #125

I was very disappointed in Gonzaga’s loss. The power conference mafia has extended their stranglehold on the NCAA title for a 31st year in a row. That said, if a power conference team was going to beat Gonzaga, I’m glad it was Baylor. They had never won it before, and were a conference bottom dweller not too long ago. And they played two fabulous games in the Final Four, while Gonzaga needed a miracle shot to beat an 11 seed. So congrats to Baylor on a well deserved title.

Board footera