GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2021 2:02 pm  #1

The Effects of Your Board Admin Being Back to Work

Hello everyone.  I hope you're all doing well.

For the past 15 months, until about 6 weeks ago, I was unable to work due to COVID-19 impacts.  In real life I'm an event developer, designer, and producer.  Not a lot of events in a pandemic.  Not asking for sympathy...we all had our own things to deal with and my family is healthy.  We survived and are now on the way to thriving.  I hope the same is true for each of you.

But, now that I'm back to work, I honestly don't have a ton of time to deal with the bullsh*t on this board.  I want to just be able to come on and be a regular board member, read the news, offer my thoughts from time to time, and have warm fuzzy thoughts about our GW Colonials (whether the team wins the NCAA Championship or does a 1989-type of repeat of their 1-27 season).  I don't care...I'm going to cheer on GW just as hard no matter what.

In any case, not having a lot of time also means that my fuse is incredibly short, as this post probably tells you. I don't want to be the board traffic cop.  I've said it before. I'll say it again.  And I'm saying it now.

A few moments ago I deleted a post and told the poster in a private message why I was doing so and what it would mean going forward.  A couple of months ago I drew a line in the sand indicating what would lead to a ban.  And yet I don't want to do that.  I shouldn't HAVE to do that.  We're adults, right?  

But I'm done.  Make no bones about it:  whether you are the initial attacker or responding to an attack in response, if you attack another board member at a personal level (as opposed to a healthy debate on a topic), you will leave me no choice.  You will be banned.  If I'm having a good day, it will be for a short time.  If I'm not, you might be leaving forever.

Oddly enough, I was having a good day until this happened.  Not so much now.

I'm locking this post to comments as they are unnecessary.

Board footera