GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2021 9:36 am  #1

8/09/2021 10:21 am  #2

Re: Season Preview - No Prediction

The link leads me to a "403 Forbidden" error message.

8/09/2021 11:32 am  #3

The article mentions Tafara Gapare as one of the new names for the program this season.  The official roster does not have Tafara listed.   I have read  that he is will be coming in for the second half of this season.   I have also read that he will not be playing at all this season.  Anyone have a definitive word on Tafara's status?

8/09/2021 12:05 pm  #4

LSF, I think you have things right.  My understanding is that he is scheduled to enroll as a GW student for the second semester and will also be practicing with the team, much like a redshirt.  However, he will not be competing in actual games until the 2022-23 season.

8/09/2021 1:26 pm  #5

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

The link leads me to a "403 Forbidden" error message.

Here's the entire articlehenom College Basketball Preview: George Washingtonby Patrick O'Brien | Aug 8, 2021 | College BasketballFeaturedNews | 0 commentsIt is going to be here before you know it.  The college basketball season is right around the corner and Phenom Hoops wants to take their shot at previewing teams around the country for this upcoming season. All throughout the upcoming weeks, we will be previewing teams for this upcoming season, so be sure to check out all the latest talk.George Washington Colonials2020-21 Season:
Record: 5-12 (3-5)
Points per game: 68.1
Rebounds per game: 34.2
Assists per game: 11.4
Points allowed: 72.3Top Performers 2020-21:
Points per game: James Bishop (19.1)
Assists per game: James Bishop (5.1)
Field goal percentage: Jamison Battle (47.5)Junior James Bishop could become a bigger national name
The 6’2 guard has a terrific sophomore season, scoring in double-figures in every game last year and averaged 19.1 points per game.  The former LSU prospect made a huge splash in 17 games last year and he is back on the court at GW, and he certainly could be a bigger name nationally.  There are areas in which he can improve in, shooting the ball a little better (shot 34 percent from three but only made 25 3-pointers and shot 73 percent from the free-throw line).  But expect another big year for this young man and certainly one should watch.Ricky Lindo Jr. could surprise some
Lindo only played in seven games last season but when he did, he really showed his level of production on the court.  He averaged nearly 35 minutes and averaged a double-double, scoring 11.4 points and really being a force on the boards averaged 10.4 rebounds.  The former Maryland prospect, Lindo played extremely well late including a career-high 21 points and 14 rebounds vs. Fordham.  The 6’8 senior could be one to really grab some attention.New Names coming into the program
George Washington was a hot topic this offseason, whether it was incoming recruits or with the transfer portal.  One big name that will be interesting to see how he comes in and impacts the team is former Arizona forward Ira Lee. Lee was a former Top 100 player that has 113 career games under his belt and certainly should be an immediate impact on the court.  Brendan Adams comes in from UConn, another player with a ton of experience (78 games) and brings a long 6’4 body at the guard position. Don’t forget sophomore Joe Bamisile from Virginia Tech, an athletic guard that was also a top player around the region coming out of high school.  Then you add the incoming freshmen of Brayon Freeman, a skilled and talent point guard, Daniel Nixon, who is a 6’7 small forward that has a strong frame and can knock down shots from the perimeter, and lastly 6’8 Tafara Gapare from New Zealand.

Board footera